PDA

View Full Version : I can make it rain

Pages : [1] 2

JBM
05-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Anyone else have the ability to make it rain? All I have to do is wash a car and presto it will rain within 24 hours.

richy
05-30-2016, 08:47 AM
Yes, and I can give my wife a headache if I tell her I`m horny, LOL..

PA DETAILER
05-30-2016, 09:04 AM
:chairdance:rain: I can feel it. Had the xterra pristine saturday. Sunday rain. But it has not been driven since.

4u2nvinmtl
05-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Yup! I washed my car Saturday and planned an urban photo shoot on Sunday and I woke up to rain when there was none in the forcast.

Plan to wash it again today, LOL. My wife thinks I`m crazy but the forecast says 5 days of sun!

The good news is I set a personal record washing my car thanks to the coating. I did my two bucket wash in 1hr start to finish. That`s about 2 hours less than usual, as there was no contamination and most everything just rinsed off the coated paint.

JBM
05-30-2016, 10:58 AM
Um 4u2.....I wash and dry my jeep in 20 mins with onr. Just sayin!

Mary B
05-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Soooo True ! My Nissan washed with HD Wash & While I was applying PB`s EX with C. It started raining for 2 days. She`s a mess again :wow:

davidc
05-30-2016, 12:49 PM
You could always come to Phoenix and I can almost guarantee no rain. It is suppose to be 112-113 by this coming Friday tho. Bring a flame suit.

Dave

4u2nvinmtl
05-30-2016, 01:28 PM
Um 4u2.....I wash and dry my jeep in 20 mins with onr. Just sayin!

I`ve done a 15m waterless wash but it`s not the same at all.

Do you wish you wheels with ONR too?
Takes me about 1 hour to do a rinseless wash (give or take 30). I definitely like not having to rinse my wash media.

My typical maintenance wash:
10 minutes to set up
10 minutes to rinse and inspect
8 minutes to spray the wheels with degreaser and scrub the tires
4 minutes to fill the 4 buckets with water and soap
18 minutes to clean the wheels (I use a wheel wooly and speed brush to get the barrel, another brush for the lug`s, and a wash mitt for the face)
30 minutes to wash the paint with a wool wash mitt (I use a step ladder to reach the roof)
5 minutes doing the edges/cracks with a brush and door jams with another wash mitt
2 minutes doing the exhaust
3 minutes final rinse
30 minutes drying
18 minutes cleaning the glass inside and out
2 minutes applying tire dressing
5 minutes cleaning the buckets
5 minutes bringing everything back away
2.5 hours total for my 4 bucket weekly wash (give or take half an hour)

Normally I also do some other maintenance related things that take up another hour (clean air filter, change oil, change diff fluid, change transfer case fluid, install some mods, etc).

4u2nvinmtl
05-30-2016, 01:32 PM
You could always come to Phoenix and I can almost guarantee no rain. It is suppose to be 112-113 by this coming Friday tho. Bring a flame suit.

Dave

I wanna move back home to AZ so badly! The snow just finally melted here.

I`ll take 120f over -40f any day.

davidc
05-30-2016, 02:17 PM
I wanna move back home to AZ so badly! The snow just finally melted here.

I`ll take 120f over -40f any day.

Understand, I had my time with those negative numbers. Yes it gets hot here but it shovels real easy and anything I bought here has zero rust.

Dave

Stokdgs
05-31-2016, 01:44 AM
I`ve done a 15m waterless wash but it`s not the same at all.

Do you wish you wheels with ONR too?
Takes me about 1 hour to do a rinseless wash (give or take 30). I definitely like not having to rinse my wash media.

My typical maintenance wash:
10 minutes to set up
10 minutes to rinse and inspect
8 minutes to spray the wheels with degreaser and scrub the tires
4 minutes to fill the 4 buckets with water and soap
18 minutes to clean the wheels (I use a wheel wooly and speed brush to get the barrel, another brush for the lug`s, and a wash mitt for the face)
30 minutes to wash the paint with a wool wash mitt (I use a step ladder to reach the roof)
5 minutes doing the edges/cracks with a brush and door jams with another wash mitt
2 minutes doing the exhaust
3 minutes final rinse
30 minutes drying
18 minutes cleaning the glass inside and out
2 minutes applying tire dressing
5 minutes bringing everything back away
2.5 hours total for my 4 bucket weekly wash (give or take half an hour)

Normally I also do some other maintenance related things that take up another hour (clean air filter, change oil, change diff fluid, change transfer case fluid, install some mods, etc).

This man is Organized !!!

Dan F

bigltc
05-31-2016, 02:59 AM
Only Burt Lancaster can make it rain!

RaysWay
05-31-2016, 08:14 AM

I love that you clean your buckets after use. I hate dirty buckets.

BadgerRivFan
05-31-2016, 10:37 AM
Only Burt Lancaster can make it rain!

No true... Any rapper sitting in the VIP room at the titty bar can "make it rain" lol...

Bunky
05-31-2016, 11:32 AM
I do not like cleaning the wheel area. It takes a lot of time compared to everything else.