PDA

View Full Version : So planning on popping the question...

Pages : [1] 2

LastDetail
05-31-2006, 04:17 AM
Hey guys so I am planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. This is the girl from the thread where I detailed her Integra trying to win her back you can read it herehttp://www.detailcity.org/forums/the-detailing-showcase/12556-heres-detail-the-integra.html
Apparently detailing is the ultimate aphrodisiac and a couple months after the detail we started dating again. Now it has been almost a year and our relationship is going great.

I know this is the girl for me and I want to be with her for the rest of my life. I got the stone from my grandmothers ring and had it placed in a new setting so the ring is all taken care of.

However I have NO IDEA how to ask her, so my question is basically for you married folks out there. I am looking for a couple of ideas on how to ask her. The whole ring in the glass of champagne seems kind of cheesy I`m looking for something classy AND romantic. Thoughts?

I was thinking I would do it in Solvang the weekend after next as we are going up there to celebrate her birthday. (Don`t worry I got her a gift too, so I am not cheating her out of a present by giving her the ring near her birthday). In case you never heard of Solvang it is a town in Southern California that has a lot of wineries and restaurants and such, it was the town in the movie Sideways. I want to ask her while we are there because I think she will be very relaxed and ready for a romantic proposal.

So there it is I would love some of your guys`s input.

Brenton
05-31-2006, 05:19 AM
I did it on her birthday. She knew.
Oh well, we just hit nine years.
Good luck.
brenton

Scott P
05-31-2006, 07:18 AM
I surprised the heck out of my wife. It was thee night before we moved in together. I made our favorite stir-fry dish and I ended up putting "Will you marry me" in a fortune cookie.

CalgaryDetail
05-31-2006, 07:29 AM
congrats man, and good luck.

GearHead_1
05-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Get her to help you detail or touch up the car. Put the ring in a jar of Souveran. She gets the ring you get the wax. That`s a win, win situation.

Tex Star Detail
05-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Get her to help you detail or touch up the car. Put the ring in a jar of Souveran. She gets the ring you get the wax. That`s a win, win situation.

HAHAHA Sweet.

We are all going to pitch in and get you one of these......
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:o21MCjnh_VAo1M:www.knightsedge.com/medieval-weapons/dungeon-ball-chain-2613.jpg

JK man......congrat man....hope everything goes to plan!!!!!!!

dr_detail
05-31-2006, 08:35 AM
congradulations on the first day of the end of your life :)

klnyc
05-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Congrat dude!
Take a trip to Hawaii and propose to her on the plane.:D while its at 32k feet off the ground.

wifehatescar
05-31-2006, 10:12 AM
I took her skydiving by surprise, then asked her when we landed. I was afraid of loosing the ring at 10k feet :lol:

DarinInCa
05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
congradulations on the first day of the end of your life :)

Ha! no joke. Wait till the honeymoon is over, and you`ll know if she actually is the girl of your life. It`s incredible how women can change.

hemin8r
05-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey LastDetail, you`re not too far from me. I`m in Irvine. Anyhow, I believe there will be a huge hot air balloon festival in Temecula this coming weekend. I think a Hot air balloon while you`re floating up in the air would be a nice way to propose. This way she can`t run from you if she gets nervous about the proposal.

joyriide1113
05-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Ha! no joke. Wait till the honeymoon is over, and you`ll know if she actually is the girl of your life. It`s incredible how women can change.

C`mon dude. He`s about to propose to someone he feels is "the one". Giving opinions like that, to someone making a huge decision, is like telling a potential suicidal jumper his shoes are untied. Funny how this actually falls into place huh? Excuse the pun..ANYWAY

Whatever you do, don`t plan to marry in 2 months. Take months and months to plan and coordinate, that is, if you plan on a huge one.

Congrats on finding your girl. :)

norahcrv
05-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Men only improve with age???

Back on Topic . . . congratulations & my only advice would be to pick an activity that you both enjoy & won`t mind telling your families about when they ask to hear the "proposal story". :) (but I did like the "ring in the jar of Souveran" idea :bigups )

DarinInCa
05-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I guess you guys are right, and no,guys don`t improve with age but that`s sort of expected. I guess I came on too strong because right now I`m going through a divorce...divorcing the woman that I was sure was the love of my life, so sorry if I offended anyone.

BTW, Congratulations threadstarter, and good luck.

LastDetail
05-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Wow thats a hell of a response in just a few hours. I really like the hot air balloon idea, thanks heminator, and skydiving? I don`t think I would be able to get the question out with her hands locked securely around my throat she`s not exactly what you would call a "risk taker" in fact the one time I asked her to go skydiving she said the only way that she would jump out of a plane was if it was crashing.

Im not too worried about her changing, we have been together for 5 years and we have seen each other at the absolute lowest.

I laughed out loud about the ring-in-the-souveran post. The only thing we don`t agree on is how much time I spend in the garage working on cars. Although it`s funny that I don`t hear her complaining when it is HER car that I am working on. Hmmmmm!:lmfao

Anyway thank you all for the kind wishes and happy thoughts. I of course will follow this up with how I actually did the proposal. Which reminds me I have to go ask her dad if it`s ok that I marry his daughter.