PDA

View Full Version : White spots in paint after wax? Help.

atlantarange
05-25-2016, 05:18 PM
Hello all. I just had my wife`s black Lexus waxed. Once the guy was done, I now see white spots all over the car in spots where there are chips in the paint. What is the best way for me to remove the wax from the spots? Should I use quick detailer or some other product? Would just washing the car again remove the wax from the chips? Any help would be appreciated.

tom p.
05-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Subsequent washes will remove the excess wax lodged in all those chips.

Have you considered having the car coated and avoid this all together, Atlanta?

Ronkh
05-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Good luck
Wash car
while washing use apc & gentle brush to get dried wax out
dry
use something like bf crystal seal to seal car

JBM
05-25-2016, 06:04 PM
Strip wax and apply sealant.

cardaddy
05-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Yep, if it`s many of the `wax` products it`ll leave white goo all over the place.

Going to a pressure washing (NON TOUCHING) car wash will help get rid of most of it for now. Might have to wash it several times though to get it all from the chips.

Three options for next time;

1: Use a non-white residue WOWO (wipe on wipe off) sealant, plenty of them don`t leave a residue. I tend to like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, Menzerna Power Lock, and Meguiar`s M21 2.0.

2: Use a WOWA (wipe on walk away) sealant. There are plenty in that bunch too. Blackfire, Wolfgang, DP, GTechniq I`ve used and like them all. Although... I don`t think they have the same tactile feel and warmth that a WOWO sealant does.

3: As was mentioned earlier. Go to a coating. There seems to be one around every corner there, so the sky`s the limit. I`ve used Pinnacle, DP, Blackfire, Optimum, CQuartz, Duragloss, GTechniq to name a few. (More than one of some brands, being as they have several consumer as well as `pro` offerings.)

In the long run the coating lasts longer, and keeps your paint cleaner. They look great as well. You can also top most all of them with some sort of spray sealant/spray polymer type spray. Some also have `boosters` that are more or less like a quick detail spray that are recommended for that specific product. (Apply every 6 months for instance.)

Stokdgs
05-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Perhaps you can take it back to the guy that waxed it and ask him why on earth did he use a white colored wax on black paint in the first place...
And then, after seeing what it did, leaving it like that for you to see....
Good Luck -
Dan F

Accumulator
05-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Perhaps you can take it back to the guy that waxed it and ask him why on earth did he use a white colored wax on black paint in the first place...
And then, after seeing what it did, leaving it like that for you to see....
Good Luck -
Dan F

Yeah, unfortunately this sounds like a (fully justified) Dissatisfied Customer situation. He botched it up. I simply *hate* the idea of you having to APC/etc.-then-seal (in other words, *redo the whole thing*) after you just paid somebody to wax it.

FWIW, *all* of my vehicles have stonechips and I`m able to avoid that problem, even with LSPs that "dry white" (though there are some LSPs I wouldn`t try it with). For one thing, sounds like he used *way* too much LSP, as most people do IMO. Ya don`t just slather LSP on over stonechips and let it fully flash off before buffing and present the customer with a badly done vechicle (let alone expect to be paid for that).