PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol Glass Cleaner quick review

512detail
05-20-2016, 06:10 AM
Up a little early today so decided to test this new product out (purchased from ACC).

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160520/86c07e0852b9593f4045bf6683623f12.jpg

Sprayed three squirts on driver side half of my car`s windshield.

Wiped with ww mf glass towel.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160520/abf4ebbbc0a5b834055d44bd8aef84cf.jpg

One pass, just wiped from top to bottom

Left a few streaks that air dried before I could even get a pic. a towel flip and final buff that wasn`t really necessary.

Color me impressed.

Sorry not many pics, its not even 6am yet here, lol.

Thoughts :

Packaging- very nice but was weary about the sprayer

The sprayer IMHO is Horrible and I will be rebottling this or finding a better sprayer that will fit on this bottle. It`s just Bad. To unlock it, i almost broke it, and after one spray the trigger sticks and you have to pull it back out. not very effective. Additionally even if the sprayer worked perfectly, which it doesn`t, the bottle does not feel natural/comfortable in your hand when spraying it. It just feels awkward trying to use the trigger.

Maybe I`m just not using it correctly?

Smell: not recommended to sniff, smells Strong like chemical. Menthol scent is there but nose still isn`t happy with me.

Does it work? Yes, quite well actually. It`s a solid product IMO.

Would I repurchase it? No offense to Dodo, but I`m staying with my favorite glass cleaner and my second favorite glass cleaner, and my 3rd favorite glass cleaner. (This would be 4th IMO as the sprayer issue and its design immediately ruined the product for me.)

Sorry to flame the sprayer but man I don`t like it at all. I just took it off and tried to see if I`m just an idiot, and I still don`t like it. At all.

But Solid product. I was very impressed at how quick it was to use, once you got it to spray.

I just don`t see this taking over my glass cleaning duties even though it worked very well.

***edit: 2nd attempt. before I got into my truck I decided to give this a shot on PBL coated glass. I didn`t have time to switch the sprayer, but I did take another look at and it and couldn`t figure out if there was a trick to it or if its just a bad sprayer (a dud or just bad design, unsure). I ended up putting my index finger behind the trigger so when it got stuck I could push it back out.. it worked but definitely wasn`t as easy as one would want it to be.

On PBL- cleaned very well again, really didn`t even need a second wipe with the ww mf towel, this glass was actually dirty not just dusty from sitting in a garage for three weeks

streak free- yes....but it left the surface more tacky than PB glass does and I am not sure if that will affect my glass coating or help it. I will have to do more hands on testing with this.

Thanks for viewing

-Brandt K.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Pats300zx
05-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Great review. Fixed the title for you :)

Angus
05-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Good honest review. What kind of sprayer comes on the bottle? Any pics? Having a good sprayer when using glass cleaners is kinda important... :P

512detail
05-20-2016, 09:16 AM
edited the op a lil w/a second run....

***edit: 2nd attempt. before I got into my truck I decided to give this a shot on PBL coated glass. I didn`t have time to switch the sprayer, but I did take another look at and it and couldn`t figure out if there was a trick to it or if its just a bad sprayer (a dud or just bad design, unsure). I ended up putting my index finger behind the trigger so when it got stuck I could push it back out.. it worked but definitely wasn`t as easy as one would want it to be.
On PBL- cleaned very well again, really didn`t even need a second wipe with the ww mf towel, this glass was actually dirty not just dusty from sitting in a garage for three weeks
streak free- yes....but it left the surface more tacky than PB glass does and I am not sure if that will affect my glass coating or help it. I will have to do more hands on testing with this.

mjlinane
05-20-2016, 09:24 AM
Nice, honest review!!

RaysWay
05-20-2016, 09:28 AM
You gotta love honest reviews! I have a love/hate relationship with the sprayer too. On one hand it really atomizes the product well, on the other it can be cumbersome to use; especially if you have larger hands. But good to see the product worked well.

Thanks for the review!

EXPDetailing
05-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Sonus glass cleaner smells of menthol too; I wonder if they are similar? I really like the Sonus, it`s one of my favorites.
The sprayer design sounds like a turn-off large enough to keep me from purchasing. Thanks for the warning. From a premium product and company, I.e. Xoxo Juice, I expect better.

512detail
05-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Good honest review. What kind of sprayer comes on the bottle? Any pics? Having a good sprayer when using glass cleaners is kinda important... :P

Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol Glass Cleaner 500 ml (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/dodo-juice-clearly-menthol.html#.Vz8fhE32ahc)

my pc at work wont let me add the pic I saved to my desktop of it

ive tried lifting that fin up, and twisting it and no luck getting it to work properly

perhaps I didn`t consider some option on how to properly get this thing to work, but it sticks when pressed down and doesn`t come back out to be pressed again

512detail
05-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Sonus glass cleaner smells of menthol too; I wonder if they are similar? I really like the Sonus, it`s one of my favorites.
The sprayer design sounds like a turn-off large enough to keep me from purchasing. Thanks for the warning. From a premium product and company, I.e. Xoxo Juice, I expect better.

im a huge dodo fan.. but this is only my 2nd spray product from them (1st was future armor sealant, which doesn`t have the same sprayer as this )

I had to be honest with the review---sorry but the sprayer I specifically got is junk or defective---the product,, REALLY good though- seriously one wipe and it would have been good, but I added the second wipe before I realized I even flipped the towel (habit I guess)

512detail
05-21-2016, 02:09 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/f184f5adcb0d52694e4dae79b9317494.jpg thats what the bottle sprayer Should do

This is how it sticks.Every. Time.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/c8dd3c4de23ba1d3b4076dc2d0bd4d88.jpg

Used it on my pbl coated guest bath glass (took me four tries to get One good full spray btw, then it sprayed more than I was expecting/needed)
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/4465492c4d128b5e7b2076b782114d85.jpg

works so well...but I want to melt this sprayer and then throw it in the trash. the label said flammable. Haha

Come on DoDo! What`s up with your sprayer?

I had to of received a dud.

That fin goes up but doesn`t stay. It doesn`t move to the other side, it doesnt come off. It won`t even reload properly.

edb
05-21-2016, 02:25 AM
Thanks for sharing. You did mention it would be your 4th favorite due to the sprayer. If it had a good sprayer where would it rank? And also, can you tell us your three glass cleaners ahead of it?

512detail
05-21-2016, 02:32 AM
Thanks for sharing. You did mention it would be your 4th favorite due to the sprayer. If it had a good sprayer where would it rank? And also, can you tell us your three glass cleaners ahead of it?
Controlling for sprayer and bottle design...
1) Poorboy`s Glass, by a Landslide ...great sprayer, great bottle design
2) DoDo Clearly Menthol (phenomenal product w/the ww mf glass towel IMO
3)wolfgang perfekt vision glass (only used it 3 times but cleaned up easy like Poorboy`s just never tried it in direct sun on (hot) glass I could barely touch)
4)optimum glass clean/protect (you should see how this stuff works when used soely on the same glass over time, behaves the same as a coating when built up)

edb
05-21-2016, 10:50 AM
That doesnt suprise me i have loved all my poorboys products so far.