PDA

View Full Version : Spray and wipe help

TuxedoTaurus
05-16-2016, 11:18 AM
So I received some from Pheerix last Friday.

I washed the car Saturday blew the majority of water off and Trifecta was awesome and a few droplets left. I pulled in the garage. The car was cool and in shade. I sprayed The SW on the hood, wiped off with a plush Mf, then fried with a PFM towel.

This towel combo has never streaked any product ever. However the the SW was a bear to buff n remove, even on glass. It reminded me of GG Spray on Carwash, which I no longer use.

I used it on the truck prior as a WW and no issue what so ever even on glass. Same underlying protection, towels, and techniques.

Any helping this?

Thanks
Kevin

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

ViperGuy21
05-16-2016, 11:20 AM
I`ve never used it myself, but from reading about it on the forum it sounds like you are using too much. That usually seems to be the cause of streaking with SW

GearHead_1
05-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Think you`re going to get a lot of "using too much" responses here. Steve has said that "less is more" with S&W. I think he`s also said it works better in direct sunlight as well. When first using this product I found myself applying too much product and found it mildly difficult to remove, it left kind of a spotty residue. Once I got the hang of it I knew that those issues were my fault. This is one of those products that I`ve found to do exactly what it claims to do and it is fairly easy to use. It`s fair to say that it is my go to WATERLESS WASH, I like it a lot.

Poorboy
05-16-2016, 11:29 AM
as others said .. use a lot less and make sure your towels are dry .. if they get damp you will get streaking ... does work best in the sun .. and there should be no rubbing at all, the product and a good mf should be used lightly , no pressure ,,, thus the name Spray and Wipe :)

TuxedoTaurus
05-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Thanks I used 10 sprays on the hood and 4 on the windshield with a trigger sprayer set to mist.

I just found it odd it streaked on the Taurus but not the truck. At first I thought it may have on the truck and being silver it was not seen. So I checked the glass on the car and streaks.

The only other variable is truck has McKees glass coating and the car has WG glass with repel. I haven`t gotten to polishing the car glass and apply the coating yet.

Poorboy
05-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Thanks I used 10 sprays on the hood and 4 on the windshield with a trigger sprayer set to mist.

I just found it odd it streaked on the Taurus but not the truck. At first I thought it may have on the truck and being silver it was not seen. So I checked the glass on the car and streaks.

The only other variable is truck has McKees glass coating and the car has WG glass with repel. I haven`t gotten to polishing the car glass and apply the coating yet.

too much for sure .. feel your towels .. if they are damp ..problem solved .. not really a problem on top of any coating or wax

TuxedoTaurus
05-16-2016, 01:16 PM
too much for sure .. feel your towels .. if they are damp ..problem solved .. not really a problem on top of any coating or wax
Thank you for the in put I will use less next time. I guess I just have a problem with over use. Not always a bad thing, just comes back to bite some times. At least it will last longer!

Poorboy
05-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Thank you for the in put I will use less next time. I guess I just have a problem with over use. Not always a bad thing, just comes back to bite some times. At least it will last longer!

no worries .. a learning curve is needed when coming off of QD`s and waterless washes that require more product and harder rubbing .. ;)

TuxedoTaurus
05-16-2016, 02:15 PM
no worries .. a learning curve is needed when coming off of QD`s and waterless washes that require more product and harder rubbing .. ;)
I did figure user error since PB`s produces quality products, and carries a great following. Not to mention everything I have used from them just flat out performs flawlessly.

Not to stroke egos or get brownie points. Just my honest opinion and experience.

pheerix
05-16-2016, 03:05 PM
I`ve started using S&W as an adjunct during waterless washes. I`ll soak a panel thoroughly with WGU then as few sprays of S&W for extra cleaning power. The Uber takes care of the streaks.

rlmccarty2000
05-16-2016, 07:40 PM
I was thinking it might be the WG glass cleaner with repellant. I`ve notice some streaking when I`ve gotten Kenotek QD on the glass. Not knocking either product, both work great.