PDA

View Full Version : How do i get in between and under tracks? Pic

Pages : [1] 2

Volvonomics
05-16-2016, 01:25 AM
Hello, i did a quick search...
I can see myself spending an hour or more doing this.
Is there a tool or trick you guys use?

jtford95
05-16-2016, 03:32 AM
If you have access to an air compressor, that would be the best. If not, a slim, long handle brush, or a screwdriver and a vacuum. It will take a little while.

Justins00ss
05-16-2016, 04:57 AM
APC, brush and a blowgun on a air hose.

mnewxcv
05-16-2016, 07:41 AM
strong enough vacuum will get rid of anything under there that isn`t wedged. Wedged stuff: flathead screwdriver to unwedge, then vacuum.

PA DETAILER
05-16-2016, 07:47 AM
Long handled brush OR shop vac. Try the shop vac on blow. That`s how i dry my engine after a cleaning.

Stokdgs
05-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Anything long and thin from either side will help you pull it loose enough to either pick up or using a long, thin, crevice tool, vacuum it out..
I see these all the time and have always been able to remove all that stuff that fell there from in between the seat and the console..
Good Luck !
Dan F

EXPDetailing
05-16-2016, 10:47 AM
Metro Vac sells an extended version of the crevic tool that everyone owns.

ShaneB
05-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Agreed, compressed air would be best. Steam would be another option especially if there were sticky areas. Shop vac and screwdriver would work too. Lots of good suggestions here

Stokdgs
05-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Metro Vac sells an extended version of the crevic tool that everyone owns.

EXPDetailing - Thanks for the tip - I have never seen a crevice tool that thin !

It looks like it should work fine; Im not sure about that hole on the side of it taking away suction from the bottom of the tool..
Perhaps it has a flap that closes it up when not needed ?
Can see how beneficial it would be though, getting flat on the floor/carpet to get stuff you cant get to with the nozzle end...
Here - Super Extendo? Detailing Crevice Tool | Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner (http://www.metrovacworld.com/Super_Extendo_Detailing_Crevice_ToolMVC_213)

Dan F

Accumulator
05-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Stokdgs- Yeah, when you want more suction out of one of those pick-ups I`d just tape off the other one.

Many small-orifice nozzles/adapters have those "bleed holes" to protect the vacuum`s motor from working too hard (by drawing through the little opening). You can block them to increase the suction if you don`t mind stressing the motor (never caused any problems for me, but of course YMMV).

Oldfordisbetter
05-16-2016, 08:28 PM
EXPDetailing - Thanks for the tip - I have never seen a crevice tool that thin !

It looks like it should work fine; Im not sure about that hole on the side of it taking away suction from the bottom of the tool..
Perhaps it has a flap that closes it up when not needed ?
Can see how beneficial it would be though, getting flat on the floor/carpet to get stuff you cant get to with the nozzle end...
Here - Super Extendo? Detailing Crevice Tool | Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner (http://www.metrovacworld.com/Super_Extendo_Detailing_Crevice_ToolMVC_213)

Dan F

That is quite a unique tool.

512detail
05-18-2016, 08:07 AM
I hit them with steam then if that doesnt work
Add flathead screwdriver and push it out then more steam

Worked so far for me

I tru to get out the stuff that might melt and cause more problems first though

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Accumulator
05-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Be careful with the steaming, lest it do what happened to my MPV, and more recently, the Tahoe. (Despite my having plenty of experience and having taken considerable care to be gentle- exact same process didn`t do damage before but then it did.)

Truewood
06-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Tracks can be the bane of your existence. Q-Tips the size of a foot long screwdriver would be ideal. I have a car wash (I know where one is) where I know the suction of the vacuums and the attachment will get everything out.

512detail
06-07-2016, 06:25 AM
Be careful with the steaming, lest it do what happened to my MPV, and more recently, the Tahoe. (Despite my having plenty of experience and having taken considerable care to be gentle- exact same process didn`t do damage before but then it did.)
What happened?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk