PDA

View Full Version : Keep Fuzion.....?

Pages : [1] 2

Red Orc
04-29-2016, 05:45 AM
I just got a 2017 Black Cherry Kia Sportage EX.

I already have a nearly full can of Fuzion and I was wondering. ..
Is there any point in buying the newer waxes like Synergy or BlackFire Black Ice
or would I be just as good using the Fuzion?

Ronkh
04-29-2016, 06:32 AM
Fuzion is great stuff. On the other hand, each has their own characteristic look and how they handle water. And you can never have enough wax.

rlmccarty2000
04-29-2016, 06:38 AM
You can never have too many waxes. New car, new wax. Seriously, the best thing you can do is make sure the car is swirl free before applying any wax to achieve the best shine. I enjoy trying new waxes and I find each one to be a little different. If you are going for protection give Synergy a try, but Fuzion is a very good wax as is Blackice. The Blackfire combo is one of my favorites. Congrats on the new car!

Red Orc
04-29-2016, 07:29 AM
Fuzion is great stuff. On the other hand, each has their own characteristic look and how they handle water. And you can never have enough wax.

I have actually got a buffer (Meguiars IIRC) pads and threee different polishes.
But I dont think Ill have the energy to do all that.
A few months after I got the buffer my kidneys decided they wanted to stop working.

Red Orc
04-29-2016, 07:37 AM
I just got a 2017 Black Cherry Kia Sportage EX.

I already have a nearly full can of Fuzion and I was wondering. ..
Is there any point in buying the newer waxes like Synergy or BlackFire Black Ice
or would I be just as good using the Fuzion?

I loved the way Fuzion looked on my Toyota.
I traded that in for a Mitsubishi and Fuzion didnt really impress me on that paint.

I put one coat of Klasse HGSG on the Kia and it dint make much of a difference.
But one coat of FinishKare 1000P made a big difference.

Ive got a can of Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax but I havent tried it yet.
I think I did a review on the Meguiars somewhere or other. Ill have to see if I can find it........

edit
Quick Review of Meguir`s Ultimate Paste Wax - Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings - Detailing Bliss powered by Detailer`s Domain (http://www.detailingbliss.com/topic/20395-quick-review-of-meguirs-ultimate-paste-wax/)

Dont kinow what happened to the photos...

Ronkh
04-29-2016, 07:52 AM
I have actually got a buffer (Meguiars IIRC) pads and threee different polishes.
But I dont think Ill have the energy to do all that.
A few months after I got the buffer my kidneys decided they wanted to stop working.

Then maybe a coat of Black Hole & then topped with Fuzion or Black Ice.

Or where are you located? We have a bunch of good people here who are willing to lend a hand.

Red Orc
04-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Then maybe a coat of Black Hole & then topped with Fuzion or Black Ice.

Or where are you located? We have a bunch of good people here who are willing to lend a hand.

East Lansing Michigan.

Red Orc
04-29-2016, 08:29 AM
I just put an application of Fuzion on the hood and I think Im gonna stick with Fuzion.
I dont know why it didnt do anything for the (red) Mitsubishi but it looks fantastic on the Kia.
Deep reflections - Its like looking down into a mirror. And on the places where the hood swoops and bulges look ridiculously cool. As if the paint were flowing liquid.

Red Orc
04-29-2016, 08:33 AM

Ronkh
04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
Maybe the red needs a polish or glaze.

Id try black hole then fusion and see. But also lets wait and see if any MI member poke their head in the thread....

Lonnie
04-29-2016, 09:15 AM

Says he who is The Wax Waster... (So how many different waxes DO you have?)

Edit: to the Orginal Poster (OP):
I looked online at the price of this wax an its like $195.00 for the tin, which includes one refill. Still, the 3 oz sampler is $59.00. Is it REALLY worth that much as being "better" than a coating?
I love waxes, (thats ALL I currently use as a hobbyist) but to a (price) point....

Ronkh
04-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Says he who is The Wax Master... (So how many different waxes DO you have?)

Edit: to the Orginal Posted (OP):
I looked online at the price of this wax an its like $195.00 for the tin, which includes one refill. Still, the 3 oz sampler is $59.00. Is it REALLY worth that much as being "better" than a coating?
I love waxes, (thats ALL I currently use as a hobbyist) but to a (price) point....

Worth it is a subjective question....

512detail
04-29-2016, 10:33 AM
Synergy is great if you have metallic IMO

never tried fusion

black hole and nattys black would be my choice for that black cherry

gloss enhancing polish then BlackICE is pretty awesome looking as well

you CAN NEVER have enough wax

EVER ! haha

BadgerRivFan
04-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Not to thread jack...:), but if youre interested in adding Fuzion to your arsenal, today (April 29, 2016) would be a good day. Autogeek is running a 20% off sale (today only until Midnight) and Fuzion is currently on sale:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30613&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30614&stc=1

Just call Autopia for a price match!

Ronkh
04-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Not to thread jack...:), but if youre interested in adding Fuzion to your arsenal, today (April 29, 2016) would be a good day. Autogeek is running a 20% off sale (today only until Midnight) and Fuzion is currently on sale:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30613&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30614&stc=1

Just call Autopia for a price match!

Call Ray to price match

We gotta stay loyal !!