PDA

View Full Version : LHR75E vs Ibrid nano?

The Driver
04-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Will the Ibrid cannibalize the 75E? Is the 75E significantly faster in terms of power/cutting?

Ronkh
04-24-2016, 09:37 AM
Big price difference, so doubt it

rlmccarty2000
04-24-2016, 02:55 PM
I see the Nano for use in very tight spots where the 75e is too big. The Nano is definitely the go to tool for motorcycle detailing and interior spaces. I use my 75e in spots where the 21 or 15 is just too big. As grandpa always said the right tool for the right situation". I havent preordered mine yet because Im lazy.

The Driver
04-24-2016, 03:29 PM
I have some technical cars and bikes coming up so I may go for this, the only thing is time. When is it actually going to be at our door step.

heisenberg
04-25-2016, 09:02 AM
I have some technical cars and bikes coming up so I may go for this, the only thing is time. When is it actually going to be at our door step.

No kidding. Its driving me crazy not hearing or knowing anything about it.

The Driver
06-16-2016, 09:03 PM
Well, I have them both now but I honestly say the 75E is far more powerful.

Mr. Slick
06-16-2016, 11:51 PM
if you detail all the time, I`d get both. planning on getting a full size rupes, mini, and nano.

XxBoostinxX
06-17-2016, 12:21 AM
Well, I have them both now but I honestly say the 75E is far more powerful.
Yeah it is. I like my nano, but I think it could use a little more power.

if you detail all the time, I`d get both. planning on getting a full size rupes, mini, and nano.
Or a Kompakt. Since I bought my Kompakt I have used the 75e the least. I just love how smooth the mini rotary is.

RaskyR1
06-17-2016, 10:09 AM
I see the need for both so no, I don`t think it will. The LHR75e is using 3-4" pads and the nano uses 1-2" pads. I feel the Nano has plenty of power on rotary and 12mm mode. The 3mm does seem slow but I`d have to compare it to my TA50 before saying it needs more power.

Mostly I just love the cordless function of the Nano. I did notice a little drop in power from a freshly charged battery to a few minutes in, but it still had plenty of power IMO.

512detail
06-17-2016, 10:38 AM
I see the need for both so no, I don`t think it will. The LHR75e is using 3-4" pads and the nano uses 1-2" pads. I feel the Nano has plenty of power on rotary and 12mm mode. The 3mm does seem slow but I`d have to compare it to my TA50 before saying it needs more power.

Mostly I just love the cordless function of the Nano. I did notice a little drop in power from a freshly charged battery to a few minutes in, but it still had plenty of power IMO.

I`m with you- I was thinking I would still need the LHR75e (and not that I don`t) but I think I can get by with the Nano for a while now... I plan to buy a Mark II before the 75e.

I am very satisfied with my purchase

The Driver
06-17-2016, 12:19 PM
I`m with you- I was thinking I would still need the LHR75e (and not that I don`t) but I think I can get by with the Nano for a while now... I plan to buy a Mark II before the 75e.

I am very satisfied with my purchase

I have all the machines at this point except the duetto, they definitely all service a purpose. The 75E is the best for tight curved quarter panels and tight bumpers. I would use the nano for Fog ducts and grill/grill outlining. At this point the only other two I have are a G21 and a PE-14-2. Those are probably the only other two machines I`d use (At least as a weekend pro, I tend to avoid anything that requires hardcore sanding like show stuff/Not possible in a weekend).

Todd@RUPES
06-18-2016, 05:47 AM
I can quickly remove P2000 grit sand scratches with the Nano. The biggest issue I see is that people immediately put pressure on the tool as if it were it a 7-inch pad. This gives it a surface area of approximately 38 inches squared. A 1.2 inch pad has an area of 3.8 inches squared...

If we put 10 pounds of pressure on a 7 inch pad, we literally have .2 lbs per inch. If we put just 5 pounds on the small pad the force goes up to .71 lbs per inch, or over 3 times as much... When I put the Nano in people`s hands I have amazed and how hard they will push it into the paint. Light-to-no pressure is perfect when dealing with such a focused tool and will allow it to work much more efficiently.