PDA

View Full Version : Drying after Hydro

JBM
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Whats everyones process after using Hydro, do you use a drying aid to dry? Hate to say it, as much as I love hydro, the paint and glass seems spotty and in need of a wax as you dry type of product to make it look really finished.

ONR has me really spoiled as I dont use a drying aid.

Ronkh
04-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Whats everyones process after using Hydro, do you use a drying aid to dry? Hate to say it, as much as I love hydro, the paint and glass seems spotty and in need of a wax as you dry type of product to make it look really finished.

ONR has me really spoiled as I dont use a drying aid.

The spots are left over hydro. Either too much, too strong, left on too long, or not rinsed/flooded long enough or too hot surface.

512detail
04-22-2016, 03:42 PM
ive had a few spots on the glass when using Hydro2 lite in the sun but they all wiped off fine with pb glass cleaner

never noticed any issues on the paint as pretty much all the water floods off

JBM
04-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Ill see if I can rinse it off better, I did probably use too much as well.

ShaneB
04-22-2016, 05:03 PM
I tried Hydro2 lite a little bit ago, on the glass and all in direct sunlight. Didnt notice any issues with spotting or streaking. I washed/sealed as I went though. One panel at a time and using a pressure washer. Sprayed panel to cool it, washed it, rinsed again, hit it with nanoskin mitt, rinsed again, sprayed the hydro2 lite, pressure washed off after about 15-20 seconds, then dried after I did the next panel.

512detail
04-22-2016, 07:15 PM
That crv i did was in 3pm sun.
Just spotted windows a tad but the damp drying towel cleaned them up no problem

rlmccarty2000
04-22-2016, 09:18 PM
No spots here with Hydro2. Could there have been something that the Hydro2 did not adhere to?

JBM
04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
The spots are very faint, could have been something with my towel, or maybe it wasnt rinsed off well enough. I did use a bit.