PDA

View Full Version : How often do you quick detail

Pages : [1] 2

oyepresidente
04-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Are there any rules on how often one should quick detail, any best practices and products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pheerix
04-20-2016, 09:27 PM
No rules totally up to you. Just be mindful every time you touch the paint you are potentially marring it.

jrock645
04-20-2016, 11:11 PM
I just do it after quick washes when I dont have time, or feel like waxing.

ShaneB
04-21-2016, 12:51 AM
I limit quick Detailers to fingerprints and minor smudges. Rinse less washes are soooo easy and way safer in terms of marring or swirls than a waterless wash. I almost feel like a full waterless wash would be a lot more work than a rinse less wash

pheerix
04-21-2016, 12:55 AM
I limit quick Detailers to fingerprints and minor smudges. Rinse less washes are soooo easy and way safer in terms of marring or swirls than a waterless wash. I almost feel like a full waterless wash would be a lot more work than a rinse less wash

Waterless is faster for me and less towels to wash.

RDKC
04-21-2016, 01:09 AM

^ What he said.

Waterless is faster for me and less towels to wash.

^ And what he said.

I do use quick detailers though. I use them after a "traditional" wash as a drying aid and I use them occasionally for clay lube since I bought too much.

mjlinane
04-21-2016, 05:33 AM
Drying aid here, too.

ViperGuy21
04-21-2016, 06:31 AM
Drying aid and after washes. After that its waterless wash if I need to remove bird crap or something

JBM
04-21-2016, 06:42 AM
I dont really ever use one.

silverfox
04-21-2016, 07:00 AM
Once the car is washed, nothing touches the paint until the next wash. I havent used a detailer in years because encouraging the use of them "between washes", actually did more harm than good in my case. Drying aid use is ok since the surface is clean when applied.

PA DETAILER
04-21-2016, 07:07 AM
Once the xterra is washed (once a week) nothing in between. I drive 250+ miles per week. And to try to keep it clean inbetween would be pointless. Bugs everyday etc.. One good traditional wash/detail over the weekend. And a drying aid is used. Currently have a fresh bottle of griots wax as you dry to maintain the LSP. If i do wash it during the week, its kind of pointless. All bugged up etc in a day or two.

oyepresidente
04-21-2016, 07:33 AM

What products do you recommend

RaysWay
04-21-2016, 08:05 AM
I use a quick detailer almost every day! But then again, I just have to wipe down a motorcycle :) Ive been using Dodo Juice Basics of Bling detail spray recently and love it.

oyepresidente
04-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Interesting, I think Ill make you all cringe. On my dark metallic gray BMW Ill daily quick detail with the condition the surface has only light dust or pollen and after a wash. I only touch top panels (hood, roof & trunk) since thats where most dust settles. I also disposes the micro fiber towels or repurpose them for rags. Ill also hesitate to quick detail many day accumulation of dust or water spot Ill just wash the car instead. If Im ambitious Ill go a week and a few days between washes.

Ronkh
04-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Interesting, I think Ill make you all cringe. On my dark metallic gray BMW Ill daily quick detail with the condition the surface has only light dust or pollen and after a wash. I only touch top panels (hood, roof & trunk) since thats where most dust settles. I also disposes the micro fiber towels or repurpose them for rags. Ill also hesitate to quick detail many day accumulation of dust or water spot Ill just wash the car instead. If Im ambitious Ill go a week and a few days between washes.

If its black sapphire metallic, you gonna have a heck of a time getting the swirls out of it.