PDA

View Full Version : My new favorite compound

Pages : [1] 2

Mike lambert
04-12-2016, 06:50 PM
I borrowed this from Phil at that place in jersey. M101 on a microfiber cutting pad. As close to no dust as is possible, cuts very well and quick. Finishes depending on paint haze free. According to my friend Rod Kraft, it has more mechanical cutting than m100. So far it has done everything I needed to on corvettes, Mercedes and Honda. Just thought I would throw it out there

craigdt
04-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Lets see, is this the *newer* Megs compound everyone is talking about? I cant keep them all straight. Seems like Meguiar`s isn`t mentioned much anymore, which is a shame.

How did you feel about it`s working time and is there a similar non-Megs polish you would say it is similar to?

mjlinane
04-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Agree, M101 is really good stuff!

Mike lambert
04-12-2016, 07:21 PM
This is the foam pad compound developed for Europe. Working time is about the same as m100. I can`t compare to others as that is all I have the need to use, the Meguiars line does everything I need. I haven`t used any others for a couple of years.

Stokdgs
04-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze 101 Foam-Cut Compound has been around for a few years...Like 7-8 years I think... :)
When it first came out, I had to get it from another Detailer who got it from Belgium or something...
This product was made for European only foam pad use too..
The Instructions are in 8 languages.
From Meguiar`s UK Ltd..

Is this the same one or did they change it ?
I still have a new 32 oz bottle of it...

If you got it from Phil Yiu, you got it from an awesome Detailer who goes way way back with us all..
Dan F

The Guz
04-12-2016, 07:51 PM
M101 and M100 are both great. Surprised you get no dust because I get dust when using it with both on a microfiber cutting pad. They both work great. They are much better than M105.

JBM
04-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Amazes me that megs would make a product that dusts so much (105), then make an alter ego product, sell it only overseas and it totally blows 105 away.

Ronkh
04-12-2016, 08:19 PM
101 miles better than 105

never tried it on micro pad (yet)

Mike lambert
04-12-2016, 08:29 PM
At NXT east, Kevin Brown told me m100 should have been 105 version 2,he likes it so much. As far as no dust I blow the pad out after every cycle and have had no problems. And yes it is the same I`m told

ShaneB
04-12-2016, 08:34 PM
I was planning to pickup some 3D AAT compound cause I need a heavy cut compound. Youre making my decision more difficult though!

ShawnF350
04-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Has anyone tried Poorboys Master Cut?
I used it only a few times but don`t have any cars that need heavy cut.
I was afraid to try M105 since I had read how short working time is.

Stokdgs
04-12-2016, 09:49 PM
M105 was never a bad compound..
Just needed to understand how it wanted to work and help it along so it finished downright incredible..

And that was just adding a little moisture to the work so it did not dry out before it was done finishing down really well..

I love M105 and have used it on a lot of jet black paint from BMW, Lexus, Toyota, Honda and others that were severely scratched so bad they were actually gray in color, and they all turned out beautiful..

It always gets used on all plastic tail lights, headlights, and it rocks there too..
Dan F

JustJesus
04-13-2016, 12:26 AM

I`ll be ordering some Master Cut soon, actually. I intend to test its cut ability. Cutbility?

105 was basically what I learned with (and 205). I noticed it worked differently depending on where I was, and even more so on a hot humid day. Play with it, and u can learn to get good results. Kevin Brown method can come in handy with this product, and extend its working time. Same goes for its cousin(?) Ultimate Compound

ViperGuy21
04-13-2016, 08:08 AM

I have used master cut, but never used 100/101/105.
I really like MC though, great cutting ability and super easy to use. I`ve even used it for metal polishing and removing tarnish from bath tubs and counter tops. Very versatile product!

RaskyR1
04-13-2016, 10:30 AM
Definitely a cutting beast but I find it dusts quite a bit with MF pads, which is why I only use it when needed. Seems to dust far less with foam pads and the rotary though. I actually Like M100 better with MF pads, though it doesn`t have quite as much cut.