PDA

View Full Version : Optimum (spray) Car Wax

dschribs
04-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I want to try a new spray wax. I just like the speed and convenience of a spray. I have been using Griots but i want to try something new.

Are people still liking Optimum Spray Wax? Seemed to be very popular awhile back.

Thanks!

House of Wax
04-12-2016, 12:57 PM
I have a bottle that I use occasionally. Good stuff. Easy to use and looks nice

JBM
04-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I really like it, smells great, ease to use and its protection from UV is patented.

mjlinane
04-12-2016, 01:41 PM
I don`t always wax. But, if I do, it it almost always with Optimum Car Wax. ;)

BadgerRivFan
04-12-2016, 01:51 PM
There are many good spray wax options available... You mentioned in your "Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe Replacement" thread that you are using BFWDAFPP as your LSP. Two great compliments to the BlackFire paint sealant are BlackFire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray and BlackFire Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax. These would have "synergistic compatibility" with your chosen LSP.

Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax is also one to check out.

I haven`t used the Optimum product, but as you indicated many fellow Autopians give it a thumbs up!

KBsToy
04-12-2016, 01:56 PM
A couple of weeks ago I did a good clean-up on a relatives silver ford and used Optimum , very nice shine and easy to use ...

Oldfordisbetter
04-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Optimum works great and lasts for a couple months for me

pheerix
04-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Still one of the most durable and best smelling spray waxes. Can streak on hot paint though.

Zelfiris
04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
I find it very easy to use as well. Works great. I have a lot of products so I use it on a rotation. It was actually not until I used it on black paint when I found out OCW can streak

06vrss
04-12-2016, 08:27 PM
I have never used OCW but I know it is very popular on here. Last year I used Sonax high speed wax and liked it a lot. Extremely easy to use and lasted at least a month. Just another idea for ya.

Accumulator
04-13-2016, 11:31 AM
I`ve been using OCW as a drying aid on the A8 at almost every wash for about six months. Completely satsified with it, though I do prefer UQW or FastFinish on certain exterior black plastic trim (just a personal preference related to the appearance).

BSkip333
04-13-2016, 03:02 PM
I have never tried the Optimum, may have to try it one day. The Midnight Sun spray is easy to use and looks good. Polish Angel Rapidwaxx is another favorite of mine, looks great and beads beautifully.