PDA

View Full Version : OTC Spray Wax Observation

JBM
04-08-2016, 07:16 PM
I found myself in Walmart the other day getting Star Wars on dvd and perused the detailing section looking for turtle wax`s wheel coating to no avail. Anyhoo I wanted to see how many spray waxes on the shelf mentioned UV protection.

Take a wild guess how many mentioned it?
Just 1

Now take a guess what brand it was....

Lucas Oil slick mist spray wax!

I though that was interesting.

06vrss
04-08-2016, 07:24 PM
That`s funny. None of the Megs stuff says it? BTW, what is this turtle wax wheel coating you speak of?

JustJesus
04-08-2016, 07:28 PM
I remember looking for that on my bottle of Megs Ultimate Quick Wax. Don`t recall seeing it.
(but I still like it, and still use it)

JBM
04-08-2016, 08:08 PM
That`s funny. None of the Megs stuff says it? BTW, what is this turtle wax wheel coating you speak of?

There were 2 bottles of megs wax in the maroon bottles, didnt see it mention UV, and there was ultimate quick wax which has no mention of UV.

Turtle Wax had an Ice bottle and a green bottle, no UV mention.

Mothers had a bottle, no UV

I looked for Surf City but the store I was in didnt have it for some reason.

If I missed it on a bottle somewhere It would be because Im 45 now and need freakin reading glasses because my arms are too short!

edit, im 46 now,....

JBM
04-08-2016, 08:12 PM
I was looking at the lucas product on Amazon and it says in the product info

Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier

I highly doubt there is UV protection beyond something on the surface that has the sun hitting it. And the reason none of the other products have UV blockers is because they arnt a wax, they are a spray that makes the paint shiny.

JBM
04-08-2016, 08:17 PM
It is also worth mentioning that all of the interior bottles I could read, (their labels are even smaller print then the spray waxes), they all mention UV protection on the label. A couple bottles mention UV last in their bullet list and a few bottles mention it first. Im not sure if the manufacturers create their labels listed in order of like what we see with ingredients, order of importance or strength of the product, of if they organize the order based on what they feel the customer cares about. Either way UV is in there to some degree.