PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Film Remover????

TuxedoTaurus
03-31-2016, 10:47 AM
So I am in Trinidad and Tobago till April 7th, and searching the web the majority of the links go to UK websites. While on youtube I noticed people using Traffic Film Remover (TFR) as a pre-wash from a low volume sprayer, or using TFR snowfoam from a foam cannon. This has really peaked my interest, unfortunately all my findings have been shipments from UK with a nice size shipping fee.

Has anyone used a product like this?
DODO Juice has a 500ml Supernatural version, but I think A 5L jug or larger would be better.

Something similar in the US?
I have used DP (Mckee37) Roadkill which is great for bugs, but not impressed with film cutting ability over standard car soap.

I am a fan of IXSS which is excellent and my go to pre paint correction soap, or pre waxing soap.

RaysWay
03-31-2016, 11:41 AM
It`s on the pricier side but I use Tar X. I like it because it makes removing Tar, tree sap and bugs a lot easier. If I use Tar X, I`ll work on one side of the car at a time so it`s not sitting on the paint for too long.

TuxedoTaurus
03-31-2016, 12:03 PM
It`s on the pricier side but I use Tar X. I like it because it makes removing Tar, tree sap and bugs a lot easier. If I use Tar X, I`ll work on one side of the car at a time so it`s not sitting on the paint for too long.

Thanks, I have used TarX as well. It is an excellent product especially for rubber(go figure). I used it on my brothers mustang after a serious night of track time. For my regular use I will use Stoners Tarminator, but that is usually on the lower quarters and isolated spots.

I am looking at more of a serious prewash on the lower half of vehicles that are either sealed or coated. I guess even waxed if planning to apply another coat.

If nothing pops up around here I may gamble and have some shipped from over seas. I think it may be a great tool to have especially in winter when doing a presoak at the coin-op before pressure washing and garage rinseless.

Audios S6
03-31-2016, 02:04 PM
You should be able to find the msds for several of the big UK ones.

A few bulk detailing companies carry APCs with similar make-up.

I think what you are looking for in the US is a `truck wash`. Primarily used on commercial vehicles. They are often a multi-step process with a high pH and low pH step. You would be looking for the high pH step

The Driver
03-31-2016, 03:30 PM
I always like to use 1z bug & tar on the front end of almost everycar before anything, it helps a TON before a wash. It will stop any marring that might caused by stubborn bugs etc being baked on thus requiring more pressure.

jsou
03-31-2016, 06:20 PM
OP have you tried Bilt-Hamber`s Auto Foam or Surfex?

There`s a store in the US that stocks their product line.

TuxedoTaurus
03-31-2016, 07:08 PM

No but I will look into them especially if more cost effective than IXSS.

I`m not too concerned with bugs as pb bug squash handles that nicely, my interest was in this stuff I saw "melt" road film.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

The Driver
03-31-2016, 07:13 PM
Another awesome product is stoners tarminator, great bang for the buck if you buy it in a 6 pack.

Audios S6
03-31-2016, 08:30 PM

I love surfex hd. I mix a couple ounces in my foam cannon. I had no problem paying $$$ for shipping over the pond, but since finding it here I`m even more pleased. Only wish they had gallons of it.

TuxedoTaurus
03-31-2016, 08:31 PM
Could you pm me your sources for either product

jsou
03-31-2016, 08:44 PM
I love surfex hd. I mix a couple ounces in my foam cannon. I had no problem paying $$$ for shipping over the pond, but since finding it here I`m even more pleased. Only wish they had gallons of it.

Same. Such good products. I only use them for extensive details/corrections.

Could you pm me your sources for either product

Done

TuxedoTaurus
03-31-2016, 08:48 PM
Appreciate it.

Wouldn`t a product like 3D Orange88 work the same?

Maybe I will have to do a comparison on my truck