PDA

View Full Version : Super Nice guy on our forum

JSFM35X
03-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Mike Lambert is a presence on this forum that is in-valuable. His advice has always been on point and free flowing. So much so that he opened his shop to all of us to learn, share and get to know each other. I hope to meet him in person some day.

So I am active on the Jeep Forum since I purchased the Jeep so I can ask questions and learn. I posted my new Jeep detail as a couple of people commented and one guy asked a lot of questions as he was going to attempt to polish and seal on his own. I gave him some pointers and told him about the dreaded learning curve. He made an attempt and from what I heard from him he was not thrilled with the results. He asked me if I knen a detailer in MD. I said as a matter of fact I do. I passed Mike Lamberts info on. The customer asked me what product to tell Mike to use and my answer was Mike will look at your Jeep. And discuss your goals and desires and he will suggest a Perscription for your Jeep.

Well Mike messaged me that this guy contacted him for a detail. From what I understand from the customer Mike had him in for a detail but Mike told him your job isn`t so bad you just need to do X,y and Z.

Customer messaged me to say wow what a nice guy, refreshing to have someone offer to help instead of grabbing $.

Way to go Mike, not sure I`d be as good as you.

Below is a short exerpt from the message the customer sent to me after meeting Mike

I went up to Mike Lambert`s today. He`s a pretty nice guy. I took the TH up b/c I thought I screwed it all up last Fall trying to polish and seal it, but instead of trying to take my money he went over all my concerns and gave me pointers and reassurances that I could fix it myself if I put a little more pressure and time into it. Then take it to him if I still can`t get it in shape. He offered me to give him a call if I had any questions. He also thought the TrailHawk was "a nice looking little truck". I don`t think he had a chance to really see one before.

Ronkh
03-12-2016, 07:40 AM
He`s made his life helping people. So this doesn`t surprise me. He`s always been super helpful here.

jrock645
03-12-2016, 08:47 AM
As I`ve said before, the group of people on this board is something else. I`ve never been on a message board with such a high percentage of genuinely nice, helpful people. The willingness to share knowledge and resources, and lend a helping hand is absolutely phenomenal. So many people on this board I`d enjoy meeting and sharing a meal with!

Mike lambert
03-12-2016, 09:01 AM
Thanks so much! I learned from Rod Kraft that it is also important to pass it on so that the passion continues. I always enjoy teaching and helping others become passionate about taking care of cars!

JustJesus
03-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Good story. Nice referral, and great service!

JSFM35X
03-12-2016, 09:28 AM
I could not agree more. I have often wondered what type of Company we could run if we all got together. The customer service would be great!

As I`ve said before, the group of people on this board is something else. I`ve never been on a message board with such a high percentage of genuinely nice, helpful people. The willingness to share knowledge and resources, and lend a helping hand is absolutely phenomenal. So many people on this board I`d enjoy meeting and sharing a meal with!

Nizmo
03-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Wow, that isn`t too far away from me. I might just have to drive down there one day!

Ronkh
03-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Wow, that isn`t too far away from me. I might just have to drive down there one day!

Stop by Dobbin House on way there. GREAT food. BIG history.

Oldfordisbetter
03-12-2016, 03:37 PM
The world needs more people like Mike Lambert. Great guy and his wife is great to.

Pats300zx
03-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Great story Mike. You are a true credit to this industry.

Mike lambert
03-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Thank you all so much! I must give a tremendous amount of credit to my wife Layna for our success. As I tell people, I just wax the cars, she`s in charge.

Stokdgs
03-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Thank you all so much! I must give a tremendous amount of credit to my wife Layna for our success. As I tell people, I just wax the cars, she`s in charge.

The BEST !! ^^

I remember him when he was a newbie just starting out a couple of Forums back and several years ago.... :)

Incredible work, work ethic, intelligence, customer service, and most of all, kindness from this family...

Dan F

edb
03-13-2016, 11:57 AM
I would agree, i had the opportunity to meet mike and his lovely wife, and pets when he allowed a group of us to come over for a free detailing lesson / class. Everyone there was super friendly and encouraging. The board here in general seems to be that way. Which is one of the main reasons i actually joined and attempt to participate in this forum. Especially all of the professional guys on here that take the time to thoroughly explain things and answer any questions people ask is wonderful and highly appreciated.

kbmag1
03-13-2016, 02:42 PM
+1 Here! A big Thanks go out to Mike for all the PMs back and forth, as well as the telephone conversations. My cars have never looked better.