PDA

View Full Version : Essence & The Screaming Chicken

Pages : [1] 2

Ronkh
03-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Detailing this, getting it ready for auction. Owner wants it shiny !

Can I use Essence on the chicken decal?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/ronkh018/lancetransam_zps2i4tpbq0.jpg

Suggestions?

Old Pirate
03-10-2016, 09:09 PM
I`ll be very careful Ron, I think Essence is too strong of a polish to use over decals. I would use something like a finishing polish ( SF 3500 or SF 3800 on a Black Pad ) and go very easy on it.

Old Pirate
03-10-2016, 09:13 PM
BTW, today I was polishing my ride with a Rupes using M205 and HD with a Orange pad and did over some of my decals and it work fine...Just remember every decal is different and one should be careful when it comes to polishing them. Tomorrow I`m putting on HCC5 ceramic paint coating.

broker99
03-10-2016, 10:23 PM
BTW, today I was polishing my ride with a Rupes using M205 and HD with a Orange pad and did over some of my decals and it work fine...Just remember every decal is different and one should be careful when it comes to polishing them. Tomorrow I`m putting on HCC5 ceramic paint coating.

How did things go with the rupes?

Wing Commander
03-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Detailing this, getting it ready for auction. Owner wants it shiny !

Can I use Essence on the chicken decal?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/ronkh018/lancetransam_zps2i4tpbq0.jpg

Suggestions?

I watched a Garage squad show on Velocity channel and they put the decal on first then they clear coated next. Maybe yours was done that way also?

512detail
03-11-2016, 01:45 AM
I`d go glaze, personally. Is that the original one?
Vinyl sticker, right?

IMO if you had to use essence I`d do it by hand with a wax pad.

Let us know what you decide Ron.

Ronkh
03-11-2016, 07:22 AM
I`ll be very careful Ron, I think Essence is too strong of a polish to use over decals. I would use something like a finishing polish ( SF 3500 or SF 3800 on a Black Pad ) and go very easy on it.

Thank you Sir. Guess I gotta go old school on this...

I do know that this is base/clear. The decal is a replacement. Not sure if it was cleared over.

Ronkh
03-11-2016, 07:23 AM
I watched a Garage squad show on Velocity channel and they put the decal on first then they clear coated next. Maybe yours was done that way also?

I`d go glaze, personally. Is that the original one?
Vinyl sticker, right?

IMO if you had to use essence I`d do it by hand with a wax pad.

Let us know what you decide Ron.

Not sure if it was cleared over.

Back to old school methods then.

Pats300zx
03-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Are you putting a coating on it? If not why not use something like HD Speed if he just wants it "shiny".

Ronkh
03-11-2016, 08:13 AM
Are you putting a coating on it? If not why not use something like HD Speed if he just wants it "shiny".

The thought had occurred to me (coating), but since it`s going to auction and he`s not keeping it............

kbmag1
03-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Let us know how you like the HCC5. They are very close by.

Accumulator
03-11-2016, 01:14 PM

That`s not how they were when new and none of the shops I work with would do that for fear there`d be issues down the road.

The original decals were fragile and easy dislodge. I`d be careful in case the ones on that car are the same way.

Ronkh
03-11-2016, 01:24 PM
That`s not how they were when new and none of the shops I work with would do that for fear there`d be issues down the road.

The original decals were fragile and easy dislodge. I`d be careful in case the ones on that car are the same way.

Thank you

Accumulator
03-11-2016, 01:45 PM
FWIW, the "TA 6.6" decals on the hoodscoop were especially prone to coming loose.

Troy@Protekt
03-11-2016, 02:01 PM
You would be fine using Essence on that decal with a soft pad and slow speed (2-3). It`s not going to hurt it.

If you are getting ready for the auction a quick glaze would be faster and easier. I`m sure you have some Black Hole laying around.