PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Colorchip and coating time frame

TuxedoTaurus
03-10-2016, 02:44 PM
What is the cure period for Dr. Colorchip when using a coating?

I know sealant/wax is a week, would a coating be the same?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

512detail
03-10-2016, 03:04 PM
great question.. and I don`t know the answer but I used dr colorchip on my hood, then coated it two days later

never had any issues with the dr colorchip under there for over 2 yrs.

TuxedoTaurus
03-10-2016, 03:14 PM
great question.. and I don`t know the answer but I used dr colorchip on my hood, then coated it two days later

Interesting, thanks

512detail
03-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Interesting, thanks

I`m not saying it`s right, but i did it.

According to my parents I like finding out things the hard way, ha.

Ronkh
03-10-2016, 03:43 PM

Some people learn by seeing, some people learn by hearing.

Me, I gotta pee on the electric fence...................

512detail
03-10-2016, 03:44 PM

come to think of it. I even polished the coating off of that hood with 4500 a couple months ago and it was still good. you can see where I did the touch up paint (first time using it) but it looks better than before the touch up paint

if I were to do touch up again I would let it sit for a day then do another coat then repeat several times to actually fill the space with paint instead of just the metal with paint (leaving that tiny crater there)

TuxedoTaurus
03-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Some people learn by seeing, some people learn by hearing.

Me, I gotta pee on the electric fence...................
Unfortunately I have the same tendencies.

This is for a 01 porshe 911 C4 cab bought new with 5k on the clock. I just did an inspection, he said he wants the full Polish Angel treatment. We will see when he gets the estimate. I just need to decide on Viking Coat or Cosmic.

I will also give an estimate with "standard" products.

I have time to figure the touch up thing out. I am going to Trinidad for 3 weeks so it be scheduled mid to late April.

512detail
03-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately I have the same tendencies.

This is for a 01 porshe 911 C4 cab bought new with 5k on the clock. I just did an inspection, he said he wants the full Polish Angel treatment. We will see when he gets the estimate. I just need to decide on Viking Coat or Cosmic.

I will also give an estimate with "standard" products.

I have time to figure the touch up thing out. I am going to Trinidad for 3 weeks so it be scheduled mid to late April.

Tridinad, like trinidad and tobago?
Nice

TuxedoTaurus
03-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Tridinad, like trinidad and tobago?
Nice
Yeah my wife and I are missionaries and we are going to secure our permits. We spent a year there between 2013-2014. It is actually what got me on AG and then here. My car was sitting outside uncovered for a year and I knew it would need some proper attention. I am too cheap and don`t trust anyone to do things right, so I research and learn to do them myself. Now I find others that will pay me to do what they won`t for supplemental income.