PDA

View Full Version : INPUT NEEDED: 01 PORSCHE 911 C4 Cab

TuxedoTaurus
03-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Got a call yesterday from a potential client. He has a triple black Porsche with 5k he bought new. It`s a garage queen. He is aggravated with the swirls.

I set up to do an estimate and go over pricing and level of correction and lsp.

Is there anything out of the norm I should lookout for?

What is a recommended convertible top protection? Never messed with one.

If he is willing to pay the exterior will get a full Polish Angel treatment with either master sealant or coating lsp, supersport wheels, PA compound/polish.

If he wants a total PA package I will order the engine cleaner and leather kit, fabric care, and glass care.

If not I will use Menz buffing liquid, BF whiplash, and fk1k for wheels, and WG cockpit.

Also need new 3" pad recommendation as my LC`s have given up the ghost.

I won`t get to this till late April due to leaving the US for Trinidad for the next month. Just getting a game plan together.

Thanks
Kevin

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Stokdgs
03-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Kevin,
A really good company for convertible top maintenance is Ragg Topp sold here -- RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/raggtopp-fabric-top-kit.html#.VuBuAvkrK00)

These people, the Haartz Company used to make the convertible top material and sell it to the automotive people... They may still do that... They really know what is best for their tops.. I have been using it for a couple decades...

Their cleaner and protectant has saved hundreds of convertible tops up there in the Pacific Northwest, where it rains all the time and people are nutty enough to want to drive convertibles, yes, convertibles, by the thousands...

Just wet it down, spray the cleaner, brush it in with something not to hard, perferably tampico bristles.. If not, that perfect for everything Tuff Shine Tire Brush can be used, just be gentle, and use the hose and soap to scrub it up, and rinse, rinse, rinse, it off and let it dry...

After it`s dry, spray the protectant on - a couple coats ought to be fine. Let that dry, and the top will look Beautiful!!! And stay that way for a long time...
Good Luck !
Dan F

TuxedoTaurus
03-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Kevin,
A really good company for convertible top maintenance is Ragg Topp sold here -- RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/raggtopp-fabric-top-kit.html#.VuBuAvkrK00)

Their cleaner and protectant has saved hundreds of convertible tops up there in the Pacific Northwest, where it rains all the time and people are nutty enough to want to drive convertibles, yes, convertibles, by the thousands...

Just wet it down, spray the cleaner, brush it in with something not to hard, perferably tampico bristles.. If not, that perfect for everything Tuff Shine Tire Brush can be used, just be gentle, and use the hose and soap to scrub it up, and rinse, rinse, rinse, it off and let it dry...

After it`s dry, spray the protectant on - a couple coats ought to be fine. Let that dry, and the top will look Beautiful!!! And stay that way for a long time...
Good Luck !
Dan F
Thanks I will look into it. How would it compare to 303

Stokdgs
03-09-2016, 01:51 PM
I dont know how it will compare to 303, which has also been around forever...

Never use 303 perhaps because I never found it to be very long lasting... But that`s just me, as there used to quite a cult following for it years ago that loved it..

It may be just fine...

But if you want to take care of the top and perhaps sell him the product after so he can do it, then this product might work for you...

My product turns a cleaned top in good condition a really rich color of whatever color it is, and there is no oily, etc., finish or feel to it...

It`s a small top, yes, and it wont take long at all, whatever you choose to use..
Good luck !
Dan F

TuxedoTaurus
03-09-2016, 01:55 PM
I dont know how it will compare to 303, which has also been around forever...

Never use 303 perhaps because I never found it to be very long lasting... But that`s just me, as there used to quite a cult following for it years ago that loved it..

It may be just fine...

But if you want to take care of the top and perhaps sell him the product after so he can do it, then this product might work for you...

My product turns a cleaned top in good condition a really rich color of whatever color it is, and there is no oily, etc., finish or feel to it...

It`s a small top, yes, and it wont take long at all, whatever you choose to use..
Good luck !
Dan F
Thanks, it is small. I will check ragg top out. I have time and will be ordering new 4 inch pads so I may trow some in.