PDA

View Full Version : Gnarly job coming this Sunday...

Pages : [1] 2

01WJLimited
05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I don`t have my PC or supplies yet, so this will be another one by hand.

This coming Sunday, my manager from work asked me to do her car. I`ll be driving to work, picking it up, bringing it home, and bringing it back at 4 when I work.

It`s a 1994(?) Chevrolet Lumina. It`s blue, its beat. She told me that it had never been washed as long as she`s had it (1996...ish). There is a Le Bra on it, and it`s never come off, let alone cleaned under. She has 5 dogs, and they ride in the car frequently. It`s never been vacuumed. There are ashes, dust, dog hair, and everything else in there. I don`t even want to think of the engine. The outside is bombarded with bird sh*t, but I think I may be able to find some shine.

How much should I charge for this:

-F21 Wash
-Clay
-Meg`s Cleaner Wax, then NuFinish (Yeah, it`s cheap, but it lasts forever. This car needs longetivity over looks.) Number of coats is undecided, but between the two waxes, a coat of each. If there`s time, I`ll do more.
-Interior Trash Removal
-Interior vacuum
-Stain removal
-Dressings (interior, tires, wheel wells, etc.)

Please keep it within reason. I am very close to my co-worker, and I don`t want to screw her over, but I can`t do it for free, as the forecast is 90 degrees (labor), and product cost.

Thanks in advance.

holland_patrick
05-24-2006, 06:26 PM
200 by hand..

01WJLimited
05-24-2006, 07:10 PM
You serious?

GregCavi
05-24-2006, 07:20 PM
I would say probably 100 bucks. I would reccomend picking up some meguiars color x as I think it has a little more balls than the meguiars cleaner wax does. Im sure she will be thrilled either way though!

Greg

Djmigs
05-24-2006, 07:25 PM
it sounds like a lot of work and i doubt you will get it to it best shape but a improvement will be noticed again i have not seen it(*no pics) to calculate how much...the ? for you how many hours do you think you can do this to complete the job time how much you wanna make an hr(hrsxper hr=price) now you decided on how much percent you want to take off maybe 5 to 10off max but that up to you....so for example i use patrick price... 5hrs to due this work times 40 per hour you request equals 200 minus 5% or 10% off...5x40=200-10%(20off)=180

Djmigs
05-24-2006, 07:28 PM
by the way jlimited...did you decide on your pc on were about ordering it i was gonna suggest the edge kit from AG and there XMT line since you were decide on pb line very simular at least what i was told but i know you were looking for OTC...

01WJLimited
05-24-2006, 07:32 PM
by the way jlimited...did you decide on your pc on were about ordering it i was gonna suggest the edge kit from AG and there XMT line since you were decide on pb line very simular at least what i was told but i know you were looking for OTC...

I was looking for OTC because it`s usually cheaper, but for $2 more per bottle (on average), I may as well go with some good stuff.

PC 7336 on the way
Poorboy`s SSR2.5, SSR1, EX or EX-P - still need to order
Edge 2000 6" DA foam - still have to order, waiting for next paycheck.

GearHead_1
05-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Just say no to ugly cars!

Djmigs
05-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I was looking for OTC because it`s usually cheaper, but for $2 more per bottle (on average), I may as well go with some good stuff.

PC 7336 on the way
Poorboy`s SSR2.5, SSR1, EX or EX-P - still need to order
Edge 2000 6" DA foam - still have to order, waiting for next paycheck.

looks like you almost all set ,your off to a good start, my fav r edge pads...we all need a pay raise

M3steve
05-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Are you serious? That sounds like a detailing nightmare. I take almost any job at my set rate but you really need to figure out how many hours it will take. Does she think shes dropping of a flea infested dog kennel on wheels and getting back a shiny clean interior. Dog hair from 5 dogs is alot of hair. I would guess atleast 250.00 if you attempting to restore this thing. The paint has never been washed...wow..thats got to be a real beauty.

jaybs02
05-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Sounds like that is going to be a lot of work.
I know that you said that you want to keep it reasonable but you should be compensated accordingly for your work.

You may want to charge her what ever it would cost you for the PC and a couple of pads... She gets her car cleaned and you get your PC for free :D

"J"

01WJLimited
05-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Haha. Maybe she`ll throw in a free dog collar for one of my Pugs. When she`s not managing at work, she`s working for her own business, and makes custom fit/material dog coats, bandanas, collars, and leashes.

I hate to say it, but I`m not going for "perfect" on this thing. I`m going for "better than before." I was looking at it today, and it must be parked in the shade, because exterior fading is not nearly as bad as some I`ve seen. At certain angles, reflections were visible. This is a prime example of why Clearcoat was Created. Haha. While the marring and swirls are bad, she said it`s not necessary to remove them. She just wants a clean car, and I think I can help her out. I lifted up that bra and took a peek too. The nose of that car is going to be some work, to say the least.

budman3
05-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Well if it hasn`t been washed a lot then you hopefully don`t have to worry about too much wash induced marring. The bra and interior are going to be a pain but good luck

Maxima Lover
05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
No suggestion on price as I don`t know your area and how much of a deal you want to cut with her since she works with you. This is the type of deal that could turn into referrals though. If people that know her know what her car looks like now, they`ll be amazed at the transformation and ask what she had done.

What are you going to be using to remove the pet hair? Are you going to be shampooing also, or just removing big stains? In a car that hasn`t had anything done to it for so long, I would assume that the spots where you remove stains will stand out like a sore thumb.

01WJLimited
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
No suggestion on price as I don`t know your area and how much of a deal you want to cut with her since she works with you. This is the type of deal that could turn into referrals though. If people that know her know what her car looks like now, they`ll be amazed at the transformation and ask what she had done.

What are you going to be using to remove the pet hair? Are you going to be shampooing also, or just removing big stains? In a car that hasn`t had anything done to it for so long, I would assume that the spots where you remove stains will stand out like a sore thumb.

I`m going to do a spot, and if it does stand out, out comes the carpet cleaner.