PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about backing plates

MshawnBauer
03-02-2016, 11:39 AM
MY APOLOGIES!! Apparently, my punctuation habit keeps messing up my threads,FYI! DON`T put apostrophes in the subject line, lol. ANYWHO.... I`m looking to replace my worn 6" Rupes 21 backing plate. I`m looking at getting a new 6" as well as a 5". I`m considering the Kamikaze, but $100 for a backing plate is a hard pill to swallow. If you think it`s a game changer, by all means, sell me on it! If not, what other alternatives are there for these machines? Will any of the other big throw machines backing plates work? The Torq one looks really close.. Just looking to see if there are any better alternatives. I wasn`t impressed with the life I got out of my OEM Rupes backing plate. I do run the washer mod now and have become a lot more familiar with its operation so if I have to, the Rupes option would probably last me longer now than when I bought the machine. Thanks in advance.

MshawnBauer
03-02-2016, 12:57 PM
B)

MshawnBauer
03-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Nothing from anyone?! You all must just replace with OEM.. Ok :)

Todd@RUPES
03-03-2016, 06:58 AM
When it comes to weight matting, the RUPES polishers are extremely smooth and balanced. This is part of the equation. That said, I would consider getting one of the new backing plates (Mark II) with the gray ring. The sheer (lateral) grip strength is identical but the peel strength is much less. Best of both worlds and a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

MshawnBauer
03-03-2016, 07:49 AM
When it comes to weight matting, the RUPES polishers are extremely smooth and balanced. This is part of the equation. That said, I would consider getting one of the new backing plates (Mark II) with the gray ring. The sheer (lateral) grip strength is identical but the peel strength is much less. Best of both worlds and a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

awesome! Exact info I was looking for!! Where do I purchase the MK II plate?