PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used/heard of Glas Weld/GClear Products?

Irkie500
03-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Hey Friends,

Looking to expand my services this year and headlight restoration is at the top of the list right now. Overhead seems pretty low, considering even a system like the one this company offers would pay for itself in about 5-6 headlight restorations. My biggest fear is that upon sanding the headlights and polishing, they will just haze and yellow all over again as the UV coating is damaged or non existent. I looked at Optimum Opti-Lens, but at nearly $60 per kit, where you might get 2-3 headlights out of, that seemed very very expensive. What I did find though was a company called Glad Weld, who specializes in glass repair and maintenance. They have a headlight kit that uses a factory like UV coating that can either be baked in the sun, or with their UV baking lights. Extra headlight coating is reasonable at $80 or so for a 16oz bottle, claims you get 32+ sets of headlights out of that, which comes down to $2.50 per headlight restoration.

While the lights themselves are not cheap at $200 a piece, as mentioned before it should pay for itself after several headlights are done.

Any thoughts or experience with the company or this specific product? Reviews seemed hard to find.