PDA

View Full Version : Atv plastic protection

Megladon
02-29-2016, 04:16 PM
I bought a new Yamaha Raptor 700 and the plastics are in great condition. I know it will get scratches but I want to prevent that as much as I can. What products can I use to protect the plastics. It will also help cleanup after. Without attracting much dust. I ride mostly woods .

512detail
02-29-2016, 04:48 PM
I`ve heard good things about DLux
CarPro CQuartz DLux Plastic & Wheel Coating (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/cquartz-dlux.html#.VtS8kU32ahc)

just got a bottle myself

I`m going to order another one for my friend in a month or so for his new ATV

Mike lambert
02-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Gyeon trim, best coating for plastic I have used!

512detail
02-29-2016, 06:05 PM
what about something quick and easy like Hydro2 ?

anyone think that would work well for him?

Mike lambert
02-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Depends on what durability and. Ease of maintaining he is looking for

512detail
02-29-2016, 06:43 PM
good point....probably would enjoy a coating type product more

I`m still wanting to get into the gyeon line myself.

Mike, you like their much better than Dlux I take it?

GearHead_1
02-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Wonder if a product like Expel (any wrap) would meet your expectation.

The Driver
02-29-2016, 06:54 PM
If you really want to protect it a vinyl wrap or xpel clear bra will work awesome. Otherwise I`d go for a coating or a sealant like hydro2.

Mike lambert
02-29-2016, 07:07 PM
This is not a slam on Carpro! I will repeat, not a slam! I had too many comebacks with d lux. And the instructions were followed. Gyeon trim has lasted longer and no comeback!

jrock645
02-29-2016, 07:32 PM
i`ll have to try the Gyeon... Just used Gtechniq C4 yesterday for the first time. Very easy and looks great. When they did the trim restorer showdown it did very well. Hopefully I get the same result.

512detail
02-29-2016, 07:45 PM
This is not a slam on Carpro! I will repeat, not a slam! I had too many comebacks with d lux. And the instructions were followed. Gyeon trim has lasted longer and no comeback!
Man I hope I don`t have the same issue. Mainly purchased it for wheels and after realizing you can use it on headlights too I suppose either way it will pay for itself eventually.

This is my first plastic coating product so far...new territory for me.

I`m itching to try most of the gyeon line actually.

Megladon
03-02-2016, 04:39 PM
I don`t mind having to maintain it frequently if it the application is easy. I would have to try the dlux and gyeon trim then. I`ve heard about hydro 2 just never used it. I managed to rack up tons of products and just now getting by to getting back in to detail world again. I thought about clear bra but it look hard to install and I don`t want to be charged for it as its expensive. As long as im protected and it provides some gloss I`II buy the product.