PDA

View Full Version : boss g21 bearing noise?

Pages : [1] 2 3

donbeezy
02-19-2016, 11:28 AM
https://vimeo.com/155989573

got my g21 last week and was unsure if this buzzing noise was normal. kind of sounds like a bearing.

wasn`t worried since it had warranty but the more I listen to it. the more I feel uneasy about it

mjlinane
02-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Mine has a similar sound. Bothers me a bit, too.

GearHead_1
02-19-2016, 11:49 AM
They`ve made a big deal about using NSK bearings in that machine and the bearings being the best in the business. I`d call them and talk to them about it.

Stokdgs
02-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Don -
That is not a good sound... Please call them or call the vendor that sold it to you...
Please be careful, it could seize and if at speed it might do bad things all around if the backing plate or pad or internals let go...
It sounds like something probably the bearing/s are starting to go because of lack of lube, wearing out, bad design, etc...
Hope you have a back up machine...
Dan F

RaskyR1
02-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I have 3 of them and none of mine sound like that. Give Griot`s a call.

Griot's Garage
02-19-2016, 08:12 PM
https://vimeo.com/155989573

got my g21 last week and was unsure if this buzzing noise was normal. kind of sounds like a bearing.

wasn`t worried since it had warranty but the more I listen to it. the more I feel uneasy about it

Give our customer service line a call or PM me your contact info. We`ll take care of that for you.

The Driver
02-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Give our customer service line a call or PM me your contact info. We`ll take care of that for you.

I have that too but I thought it was normal, mines sounded like that from the start? What it supposed to sound like then, I`m kind of worried now?

donbeezy
02-19-2016, 10:15 PM

PM sent, thanks

donbeezy
02-19-2016, 10:16 PM
I have that too but I thought it was normal, mines sounded like that from the start? What it supposed to sound like then, I`m kind of worried now?

what have i started :ph34r:

Legacykid
02-21-2016, 12:26 AM
what have i started :ph34r:

Something def wrong. Mine does not make that noise. Good thing to have a warrenty.

d33p
02-25-2016, 04:26 AM
Mine is doing it too but I havent actually had a chance to use it on a car and I bought it last year lol

Didnt have a garage to actually work in till this year.

EzyBrzy
02-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Come to think of it. . . Mine kinda sounds like that. Thought it was normal since that is how it came from when I first started it up. Going to double check :unsure:

Edit: Yup, sounds similar. I have about 10+ hours or so on my G15.

JSFM35X
02-25-2016, 05:04 PM
Guys, dont use a machine that sound like that, if the bearing brakes you risk damaging the paint. The back plate can detach.

donbeezy
02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Ok, update time.

Bill, who runs the GG account on the forum, has done an excellent job. Griot`s customer service is beyond what I expected and more. During the process of sending Bill my info, my GG3 also had a strange issue with the speed running at 6 even though it was set on 3. Bill said no problem! We can take care of that too.

Monday comes, Brad from GG customer service emails me a few questions. I answer back and he responds within the hour to confirm.
Tuesday, I emailed a question about tracking number, he responds that he will have it soon. later that day he emails me tracking #
Weds, I check tracking # and its ETA is friday for both g21 and gg3. GREAT
Thurs, waiting for autopia package, it comes in but to my surprise Griot`s package here also? WOW that was FAST.

Like I told Brad over email, during this whole process... not have I once was worried or frustrated about anything. Simple, fast, worry free, no questions asked, they just get it DONE.

It doesnt matter where the tool is made if you have a customer service that can back it up like that and to be honest.. I actually like the extra grips and handles that the g21 offers over other machines. I will have a chance to use the G21 and report back with any type of bearing noise.

One side note, I recently had my PC7424 started knocking internally (i know, 3 machines in a few weeks? crazy.. and no i dont abuse my machines). It was exactly 1 year and 1 day old by invoice date when I purchased it from PBMG. I submitted a help on PC`s website, got an email back within a 2 business days (which isnt bad i guess) but all the email said was "sorry, we cant help you here. please contact our nearest service center". The nearest service center is 2 hours away from me.... so I called the service center (which happens to be dewalts, black and decker and other companies service center) and when i told him about the 1 year and 1 day old polisher, the guy simply told me "youre just going to have to send it in and see what we can do". I had no confidence what so ever that they were gonna be able to warranty this for me. On top of that, I had to spend $10 in shipping to take a chance that they will warranty this for me. It has been at the service center for 2 days now and no one has contacted me with any type of update. I am a little worried that they wont warranty it for me and ill be frustrated. I should have purchased a GG6 as my first polisher.....

Enough of me blabbing, THANK YOU BILL AND BRAD for all your hard work

Oldfordisbetter
02-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Interesting that the BOSS is having this problem. I would think they would catch this when they run the tool at the factory? But who knows what happens doing shipping? Griots is a good company so that is all that matters.