PDA

View Full Version : Tommie Copper

Pages : [1] 2

JBM
02-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Anyone have any experience with Tommie Copper recovery products? Specifically the ankle one Men`s Recovery Compression Ankle Sleeve (http://www.tommiecopper.com/men-s-recovery-compression-ankle-sleeve)

Im not sure what I did by the inside of my ankle has been killing me for 2 or 3 weeks now.

heisenberg
02-17-2016, 11:43 AM
I`ve never tried any of those copper infused things, I always just pick up a wrap or a sleeve from Walgreens or whatever. RICE(Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate) that bad boy!

edb
02-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Oh come on, brett farve would not shill a product that didn`t work amazingly. :P. I honestly have zero idea on whether the copper would add anything over a traditional compression sleeve, other than the placebo effect. I know the commercial sure makes it sound a lot like other marketing bs. Aka the hologram or magnet infused bracelets and necklaces that improve your balance and strength.

edb
02-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Just saw the commercial. "Infused with powerful oder reducing copper." So the copper is there for anti smell.

trashmanssd
02-17-2016, 02:03 PM
I know copper is a very good antimicrobial. I have heard of people changing door handles to copper brass or bronze as that is one the most common public transfer points and sink faucets.

JSFM35X
02-17-2016, 03:40 PM
I don`t think these have been proven by the medical committee. I was given some rubber bracelet with copper and a magnet that was suppose to be the end all be all for flexibility. Truth is it did nada.

I

Poorboy
02-17-2016, 03:44 PM
I used the one for sciatica on my calf and it really did seem to block some of the pain in my back, but haven`t needed them recently but am intrigued that Brett is endorsing them

GearHead_1
02-17-2016, 03:53 PM
I use the other brand copper compression sleeves (Copper Wear) on both ankles and knees. I can`t honestly tell you that the copper does a darn thing for me. I wear them primarily for the compression effect and that helps me a lot. It does seem like this brand has tightened up the openings on their product I`ve been finding them biting in to me a bit. Probably need to be looking somewhere else.

jrock645
02-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Seems to be marketed just like the magnetic products of the 90`s which were lrgely proved to be bunk.

tropicsteve
02-17-2016, 08:45 PM
I use the other brand copper compression sleeves (Copper Wear) on both ankles and knees. I can`t honestly tell you that the copper does a darn thing for me. I wear them primarily for the compression effect and that helps me a lot. It does seem like this brand has tightened up the openings on their product I`ve been finding them biting in to me a bit. Probably need to be looking somewhere else.
probably some kind of galvanic reaction to all that metal that makes up most of your foot and ankle. :eek:

JBM
02-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Well i ordered one and it will be here in 2 days. We will see lol.

bigfish528
02-18-2016, 05:24 PM
I have a different brand called copper fit for my knee and I thought it was a gimmick as there is no medical evidence that they help or don`t help but I believe it does help a little with the pain. Everybodys experience might be different but I think they help to a certain degree.

rlmccarty2000
02-18-2016, 05:39 PM
It is the compression that helps the pain. The copper is just marketing hype. Up there with "special glossifiers".

GearHead_1
02-18-2016, 08:57 PM
It is the compression that helps the pain. The copper is just marketing hype. Up there with "special glossifiers".

So... uh glossifiers aren`t the real deal. Oh man... say it ain`t so. ;)

JBM
02-18-2016, 09:05 PM
We used to laugh @ a sealant that would last a year too lol.