PDA

View Full Version : Where to get those floor mat covers?

bennylava
02-13-2016, 10:47 AM
Hi all. I`m looking for a good place to buy those professional looking plastic floor mat covers. Most dealerships will have them in all their new cars. Its just a peel away piece of plastic, that looks as if it really sticks well to the diver and passenger side floor mats. In some cases it almost looks vacuum pressed.

Anyway, I`m finding I need them during my detailing adventures. I`ll clean up a car, then need to move it a few times before it sells. Well by the 3rd or 4rth time I move it, the floor mats are dirty again. And then the customer is getting into a car that looks like it might be a nice car, that nobody has cared to clean. Can`t have that. So I`m hoping someone here can recommend some good ones, that won`t break the bank. To clarify, I`m talking about the throw away kind that the customer will peel off once they get home and toss in the trash.

Mike lambert
02-13-2016, 02:16 PM
I get mine from a company called The Madow Group, or google it and you can find a lot of places. Also try Dealer Goodies in pa.

JSFM35X
02-13-2016, 03:10 PM
When I detailed I used tray covers. Hd paper and just used them until the client returned to her his car. Then I`d remove them. Kept the carpets clean and dry from my dirty shoes.

RDKC
02-13-2016, 04:21 PM
If you`re not wanting customized ones you can actually find them on Amazon. Just search "paper floor mat cover" and there are a lot of results. A little over $40 for 500.

bennylava
02-13-2016, 07:22 PM
I get mine from a company called The Madow Group, or google it and you can find a lot of places. Also try Dealer Goodies in pa.

Do you have a link? That came up with dentistry, and an auto auction.

bennylava
02-14-2016, 07:53 PM
If you`re not wanting customized ones you can actually find them on Amazon. Just search "paper floor mat cover" and there are a lot of results. A little over $40 for 500.

I`m just looking for those clear plastic ones that have... I`m not sure, lines or something printed on them. I have used those paper ones, and they don`t really seem to want to stay in place. Need something that will stick.

Stokdgs
02-14-2016, 08:41 PM
How about this ?

Amazon.com: Auto Adhesive Floor Mat 21x200 (21x200ft): Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQVWP6Q/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0034MQ9R4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=16FHR7G0SZBFJVNDADN4)

Or this one in a slight red tint -- Amazon.com: ArmorDillo NEW Carpet Protection Film 24" x 200' Carpet Cover, Clear Protective Film, Surface Protection Film, Paint Protection Film: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010MNRRFU?me=ATVPDKIKX0DER)

Dan F

Accumulator
02-15-2016, 12:58 PM
We used paper mats at the dealership (back in another life...), but I`ve considered the plastic ones for personal use in certain circumstances. I`ve used such films made for regular carpets, but found that you gotta give a little thought to adhesive-transfer; don`t leave `em on too long. Heat and pressure/foot traffic make the transfer issue worse IME.

grisby
02-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Dorman part number 92991, you can get them at Rock Auto. I get them at Advance Auto. 250 paper mats for around $37.00

The Guz
02-15-2016, 07:11 PM
I`ve seen these as well.

http://www.detailedimage.com/products/auto/DI-Accessories-Disposable-Floor-Mat-10-pack_486_1_lw_3549.jpg

ca.detailchick
02-15-2016, 10:26 PM
I bought a roll at home depot for 10 bucks but I cant remember the name of it. They are not pre- cut and its a little difficult to roll out. They are not intended to leave on for more then 1 week or adhesive transfer can happen.Or at least the brand I bought

bennylava
02-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Dang. Guess I had the wrong idea about these things. I was thinking they were somehow pre-cut, and maybe just bigger than all floor mats. Then you just tucked it under. At least that is what I imagined. Are there any that are not some kind of roll-out thing? (minus the paper ones)