PDA

View Full Version : Black Porsche Carerra 911 Detailed by Protekt

Troy@Protekt
02-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Ok I`m a fan!

Griot`s Fast Cut Compound and Car Pro Essence killed it on this black beauty!

Zentool Polisher/ Meguiar`s MF Finish Pad / Griot`s Fast Cut Compound
Zentool Polisher / Meguiar`s MF Finish Pad / Car Pro Essence
Topped with Optimum Opti-Seal

I`m absolutely loving this combo!

I wish I had taken befores so you could see the difference. I only spent 2 hours polishing this car out and it looks like I spent all day.

Ronkh
02-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Nice work !

Do you mind one day if I come hang with you so I can learn how to use essence?

Oldfordisbetter
02-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Good stuff! I have used Fast Correct and really like that. The same with Opti Seal. The missing link is Essence: I have to use some other stuff before I get that though... Is the Zentool a pretty good polisher?

Troy@Protekt
02-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Is the Zentool a pretty good polisher?

It`s not a bad polisher. I have 2 of them and I haven`t had many issues. The speed dial is sinking into the machine on one of them but still usable. I`ve had the Rupes LHR21 and the Griots Boss 21 and I like the Zentool better than those two. I played with the new Rupes LHR21 MarkII and I`m really wanting to replace my Zentools with MarkII`s. Very noticeable difference in quality and power.

If I hadn`t just bought a new truck and spent a bunch of money at Christmas, I`d be upgrading right now. Need to build up some funds again before I can justify getting them. :)

Troy@Protekt
02-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Nice work !

Do you mind one day if I come hang with you so I can learn how to use essence?

It`s easy to use. What problem are you having?

And yes you can come hang with us. I might put you to work though. :)

Pats300zx
02-11-2016, 05:37 AM
Awesome work Troy. Pretty impressive for 2 hours of polishing !!!! I need to try my bottle of Essense.

mjlinane
02-11-2016, 05:46 AM
Well done!

Ronkh
02-11-2016, 07:29 AM
It`s easy to use. What problem are you having?

And yes you can come hang with us. I might put you to work though. :)

No problems. Just haven`t used it yet and heard that there is a learning curve to it.

Will work for lessons :D

JustJesus
02-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Troy, just to confirm, you used Megs FINISHING pad with the Fast Cut? Looks great, and only two hours? WOW.

Troy@Protekt
02-11-2016, 08:04 PM
No problems. Just haven`t used it yet and heard that there is a learning curve to it.

Will work for lessons

You have to have realistic expectations for this product. It`s a nice finishing polish. Don`t expect it to be a one-step, although on certain finishes it can fill that role too. I like it because it has the protective properties of nano-glass so I believe I`m giving the customer better protection from the elements than what wax or sealant alone can do.

Troy, just to confirm, you used Megs FINISHING pad with the Fast Cut? Looks great, and only two hours? WOW.

Yes I used the finishing pad. That pad is pretty universal. I like having the extra padding between the buffer and the paint. I find that buffing at lower speeds with this pad is more effective than the higher speeds. I`m buffing at speeds 2 and 3.