PDA

View Full Version : Should a spray detailer work streak free on glass?

Pages : [1] 2

rotts4u
02-07-2016, 09:45 PM
I have noticed that on some spray detailers or rinse less wash products that if I use them on glass I get streaks.
if it streaks on glass which I can see by looking through the windows, doesn`t that mean that it likely does the same thing on paint? Meaning the paint is not as clean and shiny as it should be?

I have just started noticing this and it doesn`t do it on every product so there may be a missing technique that is causing me to see this on glass. Of course I know that glass cleaners are better on glass than detailers but when I saw this it got me thinking about this and I wanted to see if others more skilled than I have thoughts or input on this?

WaxAddict
02-07-2016, 11:39 PM
I`ve noticed this too. Lots of detailers leave something behind for protection, in the form of polymers or wax, and many have wetting agents and lubrication. These products may smear on glass because the lack of surface tension causes the chemicals to get left behind rather than absorbed into the towel while buffing. It simply takes more buffing or a different towel on glass to flash off the chemicals or wax.

o2_designs
02-08-2016, 01:28 AM
My spray wax does this very badly. Especially if moisture is present from washing the car in a coin op bay.

Stokdgs
02-08-2016, 02:49 AM
I never spray Q/Detailers on glass...
Dan F

pheerix
02-08-2016, 03:02 AM
Wolfgang Uber doesn`t streak on glass. I don`t even use dedicated glass cleaners anymore.

Pats300zx
02-08-2016, 05:40 AM
FK425 is fantastic on glass.

Bunky
02-08-2016, 07:06 AM
I have tried PB`s Glass Cleaner and it seems to behave more like a detailer. It leaves glass glossy and slicker to me.

Accumulator
02-08-2016, 11:18 AM
FK425 is fantastic on glass.

Not for me. It isn`t *bad* but my experiences with it have been far from "fantastic" . Just one of those YMMV things..I never use QDs on glass, but then I don`t even use my rinseless washes on it because they just don`t leave it as nice as my Glass Cleaners. Again, it`s YMMV since plenty of people swear by their rinseless products for cleaning glass.

brownbob06
02-19-2016, 04:52 AM
I use ONR at QD dilution on glass with no problems. Just have to make sure you "buff" it plenty with a dry towel at the end. I have the best luck with the blue shop towels, the paper towel type, or a "fluffier" MF. Never had a problem with the blue towels linting or anything.

I`ve even had success with that technique on extremely hazy interior windshields.

Tpr1634
02-19-2016, 05:54 AM
I use ONR never had a problem..

Accumulator
02-19-2016, 01:19 PM
You guys who use ONR/etc. on glass with complete satisfaction make me envious, sure would be nice if it worked for me!

glfnaz
02-19-2016, 01:24 PM
I always use QD and / or UWW+ on my windows. But, I always give the glass an extra buff with a fresh MF towel as a last step and it seems to resolve the streak issue.

Accumulator
02-19-2016, 01:39 PM
I always use QD and / or UWW+ on my windows..

See, *SEE*...you guys are killing me here ;)

Dellinger
02-19-2016, 01:45 PM
HD Touch is great on paint/ glass prior to delivery. Never streaks for me.

brownbob06
02-22-2016, 01:37 AM
You guys who use ONR/etc. on glass with complete satisfaction make me envious, sure would be nice if it worked for me!

Perhaps "no problems" wasn`t appropriate. Sometimes windows are a pain in the butt no matter what I`m using.