PDA

View Full Version : MF Towels similair to Gold Plush Jr, but...

Slick71ss
02-06-2016, 10:54 PM
In my limited MF exposure, I seem to really like the Gold Plush Jr... Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches, 16 x 16 inches (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/cobra-gold-jr-towel.html#.Vra-N1JzLmo)

I like the microfiber banded edge, and the longer nap or plush side. I don`t use the shorter nap side as much though. Is there a towel that is very similar to the Gold Plush Jr but has the longer nap on both sides? Not looking for a thicker or longer nap, as I have some and don`t use them much. The one side of the Gold Jr seems like a great balance of softness, nap, etc.

jrock645
02-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Have you tried the supreme 530`s?

Slick71ss
02-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Have you tried the supreme 530`s?

No, but just looking at the picture, it looks like those are a dual nap as well?

jrock645
02-06-2016, 11:28 PM
Ah sorry I misread your post. Check out the rag company... They`ll have something to fit what you`re looking for, I think. If you can get over the lack of a banded edge, the eagle edge less towels are awesome.

Slick71ss
02-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Thanks. Edgeless are fine. I just don`t like silk banded for some reason.

I`ve been looking at those Eagle towels. Only thing keeping me from trying is some reviews about them linting some. Might give em a shot though.

jrock645
02-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Thanks. Edgeless are fine. I just don`t like silk banded for some reason.

I`ve been looking at those Eagle towels. Only thing keeping me from trying is some reviews about them linting some. Might give em a shot though.

The linting isn`t a big deal imo. It`s pretty minor in my experience. You might also consider their super plush towels.. I have the 1100gsm, but it`s so thick it`s hard to hold. They also have an 800 that might be better. The 100 is super soft and is a great wax buffing towel, though. Just makes my hand cramp up.

o2_designs
02-07-2016, 12:20 AM
I picked up the Everest 800 and thier Creature Edgeless off AmazonPrime. They are amazing quality and super soft. The Creatures are dual pile tho. I`m sure a The Rag Co have high pile on both sides

Slick71ss
02-07-2016, 12:37 AM
Those "Creatures" seem like a pretty decent towel? They`re more of a budget, China made towel.

pheerix
02-07-2016, 02:40 AM
The Creature is actually a really nice towel. Their newer batch is 70/30 split and feels very soft even after a few washes. I actually like it better than the more expensive Split Purple-Nality towel.

As for towels that have the same nap on both sides, I haven`t come across a towel that has long looped fibers on both sides. I`ve only seen ones that have split end fibers on both sides like the Eagles and Chinchillas. I find these tend to lint more compared to closed loop towels. The Chameleon towel might fit what you`re looking for but that towel is essentially two Spectrum towels sewed together so the long looped sides face outwards.

SGM2008
02-07-2016, 06:27 AM

I have the Eagle Edgeless towels with no linting issues to speak of. Some of the best towels I`ve used to date.

donbeezy
02-07-2016, 10:19 AM
i vote for the supreme. theyre a medium/long nap but pick up polish/wax very well. its a pretty thick towel

o2_designs
02-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Maybe another option...I found this site from another detail website last year I just never got around to ordering them. I`d be curious to hear how good they compare to others.

16``x16`` Extra Fluffy Korean Microfiber Detailing Towel Silk Banding 470 GSM (http://www.microfibertech.com/Extra-Fluffy-Korean-Microfiber-Detailing-Towel-16x16.html)