PDA

View Full Version : Paint sealant

o2_designs
02-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Hello, been researching a bit over the winter months since winter doesn`t allow much to do. I`m looking to pickup a paint sealant I can apply over a wax and/or polish. From the reviews and forums, it seems Opti Seal or Wolfgang Sealant would be he best options? I`ve really liked the products from Adams Polishes I`ve tried, does the Adams compare at all to the OptiSeal or Wolfgang?

It`s for my daily driven STi, but if I like it, may get used on my VW Mk1 show car.

Thanks!!

RaysWay
02-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Opti Seal is super convenient to use, but it`s not as durable or as slick as WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Since you`re looking for more of a durable protection, I`d pick the Wolfgang Sealant. If you want to add even more protection, consider topping it with a durable wax. Collinite and Finish Kare are popular options for a durable wax top coat.

heisenberg
02-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Anything can be applied over a polish - that isn`t a product that sits on your paint or anything. It`s an abrasive used to refine your finish.

As far as applying something over a wax, you`d want to go sealant -> wax. As Vega said, Opti Seal is incredibly easy to use but the Wolfgang Product is more durable. I`ve never used anything from Adams, but the other products you mentioned are all great.

The Guz
02-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Hello, been researching a bit over the winter months since winter doesn`t allow much to do. I`m looking to pickup a paint sealant I can apply over a wax and/or polish. From the reviews and forums, it seems Opti Seal or Wolfgang Sealant would be he best options? I`ve really liked the products from Adams Polishes I`ve tried, does the Adams compare at all to the OptiSeal or Wolfgang?

It`s for my daily driven STi, but if I like it, may get used on my VW Mk1 show car.

Thanks!!

If you wish to stay with Adams, their liquid paint sealant works well. I can`t comment on how it compares to the other two products but Adams sealant is comparable to most sealants. I found it comparable to Meguiar`s M21 and Meguiar`s ultimate wax.

You may want to consider DP Poli-Coat as well. It fly`s under the radar and is a great product. I have had it outlast Adams and Meguiar`s by a couple months. It`s currently on sale at Autogeek for a great price. Have Autopia price match it.

RaysWay
02-03-2016, 01:14 PM
If you wish to stay with Adams, their liquid paint sealant works well. I can`t comment on how it compares to the other two products but Adams sealant is comparable to most sealants. I found it comparable to Meguiar`s M21 and Meguiar`s ultimate wax.

You may want to consider DP Poli-Coat as well. It fly`s under the radar and is a great product. I have had it outlast Adams and Meguiar`s by a couple months. It`s currently on sale at Autogeek for a great price. Have Autopia price match it.

The entire DP line always seems to fly under the radar! Not sure why.

o2_designs
02-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Sounds good! Thanks guys!!

As as for a collinite top wax. That`s the 845 I believe?

o2_designs
02-03-2016, 01:17 PM

I have notived DP is very under rated. I`ve gotten a few things by DP and have really like it so far!!

jmsc
02-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Why Under The Radar?...with me its basically the competition and other product availability. I always look at performance and what its doing for me. Its not price/value/bang-$ per se. Not by a long shot. That`s how I see it.

pheerix
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM

Wolfgang, Blackfire and Pinnacle seem to overshadow the DP line for me from a hobbyist point of view. Pinnacle for those who love carnuba, Blackfire for polymers, and Wolfgang for top of the line.

RaysWay
02-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Sounds good! Thanks guys!!

As as for a collinite top wax. That`s the 845 I believe?

845 is what everyone uses with great results. If you want their strongest formula...go with Super Double Coat 476.

The Guz
02-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Why Under The Radar?...with me its basically the competition and other product availability. I always look at performance and what its doing for me. Its not price/value/bang-$ per se. Not by a long shot. That`s how I see it.

Wolfgang, Blackfire and Pinnacle seem to overshadow the DP line for me from a hobbyist point of view. Pinnacle for those who love carnuba, Blackfire for polymers, and Wolfgang for top of the line.

This is why. DP just gets forgotten about. I am curious to see what happens with this line as it appears it will go through a change.

glfnaz
02-03-2016, 06:08 PM
845 is what everyone uses with great results. If you want their strongest formula...go with Super Double Coat 476.

^^^^^^^ what he said.

I really like the Collinite 476. Apply it very very thin.

pheerix
02-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Just applied Wolfgang Spritz Sealant over Wolfgang Liquid Seal I did a few days ago and I`m not sure if it`s all in my head but Spritz Sealant seems to give a deeper wet look than Liquid Gloss. Also very easy to apply, flashes clear almost immediately like a WOWA but with no high spots to worry about. Very nice product.