PDA

View Full Version : Best LSP for water/dirt repellency

josephearljones
01-26-2016, 05:07 PM
Like the title says, I`m looking for the best product to keep my truck looking clean the longest. My vehicle is a black gmc crew cab currently coated with CQUK and topped up with hydro2. The issue is that any time it rains or there is moisture on the road the sides of my truck gets coated with water/road grime. The combo I have is doing it`s job, beading like crazy, but I`m wondering if something else maybe slick enough to help with this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mjlinane
01-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Haven`t found anything that repels Central TX rain grime/cement. Best I`ve found is to add some Rinseless Wash to my foaming mix. Does a pretty good job loosening/removing the grime before applying wash media.

Mike lambert
01-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Gyeon coatings probably the best I have seen at keeping our cars clean.

RaskyR1
01-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Until a true superhydrophobic coating (like NeverWet) is available for automotive finishes I don`t think you`ll see much difference between LSP`s in that aspect.

Accumulator
01-26-2016, 06:21 PM
With FK1000P I have zero issues with dirt sticking and a pressure washer rinse, or even a moderately hard rain gets the vehicle looking clean enough that any non-Autopian would think I just washed it. But such stuff only goes so far and you can`t expect miracles.

colinpd137
01-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Can`t go wrong with Collinite 845 or BFWD

Lonnie
01-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Like the title says, I`m looking for the best product to keep my truck looking clean the longest. My vehicle is a black gmc crew cab currently coated with CQUK and topped up with hydro2. .....
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don`t mean to sound sarcastic, but a silver-colored vehicle will "show" a lot less of the dirt and road grime than black.

Ask any professional detailer and they will tell you that they will not own a black vehicle if given the choice. Looks great when it`s cleaned and (properly) detailed, but as a daily driver, trying to keep it that way can lead to obsessive-compulsive detailer insanity.

Seems like you`ve taken the proper steps in protecting your exterior paint. You`ll just have to live with the color and try to keep it clean as possible by washing it (frequently) and try not to loose your sanity over it.

MiVor
01-27-2016, 12:06 PM
My very first ride was a black 1962 Chevy Belair...I`ve never owned (or would own) another black vehicle. Now a clean `n shiny black vehicle is truly awesome, but a black ride shows every little spec of dust `n dirt. So although there are many good lsp choices from wax, sealants, and coatings, the first mud puddle you drive through and your black ride is going to display the mess! Colinite 845, FK1000 are good choices for wax. I prefer Duragloss sealants myself. But we all have personal preferences. Pick one and stay on top of it, but get used to the idea that a black ride is gonna look dirty sooner than most other colors.

BadgerRivFan
01-27-2016, 12:13 PM
"Best for..." threads are always interesting, as opinions vary widely. I`ll throw my two cents into the mix and suggest Sonax Polymer Net Shield as a potential option for you. It`s water sheeting and dirt repellency characteristics are some of the best available in an LSP. I believe I read somewhere along the line that it was initially developed as a coating "topper," although it is primarily used as a stand-alone sealant. Presumably you are happy with the protection you are getting from CQUK, so maybe this could be used to top your existing coating and give you more of the dirt repelling benefits you desire... Not sure if you can in fact use it as a coating topper, but if you wanted to start fresh it would be an LSP to consider... Good luck!

Sonax Polymer Net Shield (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/sonax-polymer-net-shield.html#.Vqj2RfkrLmE)

Migue
01-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Agree with the above, owning a black vehicle and keeping the finish maintained is truly a part time job that needs constant attention. One of the reasons why i sold my black truck and my black motorcycle, they were driving me crazy with OCD. Unfortunately that is the nature of that beast and you will have to just live with it unless you want to drive yourself crazy cleaning it almost every day.

Pats300zx
01-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Agree with the above, owning a black vehicle and keeping the finish maintained is truly a part time job that needs constant attention. One of the reasons why i sold my black truck and my black motorcycle, they were driving me crazy with OCD. Unfortunately that is the nature of that beast and you will have to just live with it unless you want to drive yourself crazy cleaning it almost every day.

I agree 100%. I will never own another black car. My black Nissan 350Z is a garage kept and trying to keep up on it is a full time job.