PDA

View Full Version : Quick Take - Tac Systems Quartz Max

Pages : [1] 2

TroyScherer
01-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Quick Take: Tac Systems “QuartzMax”

Introduction:
Being a “long time” (since its release) user of CarPro Reload I have been interested in the other offerings in this category. This along with the reported issues other have had, has lead me to look outside of my normal selection to see if there is anything better available.

Product Description / Claims: From Manufacturer
QuartzMax is mainly used as a topper of coatings, so after the coating is dried on paintwork, then apply QuartzMax to make the surface super silky smooth. QuartzMax can solve the issue with those coatings, as our QuartzMax has 5% of Sio2 in it, it will also add up the durability of the coating and enhance its gloss. QuartzMax is durable up to 4 to 6 months, can be applied as coating maintenance too. It is to be applied on dry surface, and mainly on paintwork!

Product Details:
Packaging: Small round, Clear/Red Bottle with spray head (100ml)
Directions: Clearly Labeled
Color: Milky White
Scent: Chemical (Lacquer Thinner)
Pricing: $9.99 @ 100ml (3oz) / $29.99 @ 500ml (16oz) / $54.99 @ 1000ml (33oz)

Directions:
1. Clean surface.
2. Shake bottle well.
3. Spray on & wipe off with a short-loop microfiber cloth.

Warnings or Precautions:

None are listed on the bottle or the website.

Testing:

I began by washing the car with one of my many soaps. This time I think it was Wolfs White Satin. I like it because it is cleans well while not leaving any protection behind. This allows me to maintain my coatings with the proper products of my choice.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29494&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29495&stc=1

I wanted to show the bottle and the size to give everyone an idea of what the small bottle it. IMO it is more of a sample to see if you like it and want to buy the lager versions. The sprayer is what I have come to expect on the smaller “nano-coating” toppers. It has the lock to keep it from going off and the sprayer creates very nice fine mist to help in distributing the product.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29492&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29493&stc=1

I used a CarPro Orange BOA towel to spread and buff the QuartzMax. This worked extremely well for me. The product spread nicely while almost seeming to melt into the paint.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29491&stc=1

It is harder to see in the picture but QuartzMax did leave a darker glossier surface in person. If you look just above the emblem there is a line running up the hood and right under the bottle.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29489&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29490&stc=1

Pros:

A little bit of product spreads evenly over a larger than expected surface.
It leaves a darker glossy finish.
An added “layer” of protections with great water & dirt shedding properties.

Cons:

The chemical scent is strong. I would prefer it be toned down if possible.

Questions:

What is the actual durability?
How is this different from Carpro Reload and other offerings?

Final Thought / Summary:
As a whole this product is exactly what I expected. An easy to user coating topper in the same line as CarPro Reload. The big thing for me is I didn’t get any of the rainbow hazing effects that other have been getting with the newer versions of Reload.

Being that this is winter I don’t expect to get 4-6 months of durability from this product as the conditions are not ideal. So I will watch how it reacts now and also test it again on the spring/summer.

With the price point being just slightly lower Tac Systems QuartzMax staying on my radar at this point as a possible replacement option for Reload.

Any and all questions & comments are welcome. Thanks for reading.

If you like my videos & reviews subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Ronkh
01-23-2016, 01:24 PM
Thank you !!!!!

I have 2 bottles sitting here, and have been afraid to try it. :)

RMD
01-23-2016, 04:01 PM
At the risk of rumor mongering, Local shop told me that TAC Systems used to manufacture carpro products and at one point there were former employees of one working for the other, etc. If carpro had to find and test out other suppliers, perhaps that contributed to successive product versions?

Again, this is pure hearsay, I have no verification, but there has to be a reason why they each have virtually the same product offerings, yet neither has sued the other that we know about. I have used some TAC Systems products without issue.

Pats300zx
01-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Great review Troy. With all of the hazing issues with Reload I have been reluctant to use it. Will definitely keep my eye on this product.

Audios S6
01-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Troy,

Is this now available in the states or did you order direct from TAC?

The Guz
01-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Troy,

Is this now available in the states or did you order direct from TAC?

Detailing dot com carries the line.

Mike lambert
01-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info, I still think Kamakaze overcoat has everything out there beat!

rlmccarty2000
01-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Just looked at the site, the TAC stuff looks like Carpro stuff. I also noted they don`t sell the Carpro line. A coincidence?

TroyScherer
01-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Thank you !!!!!

I have 2 bottles sitting here, and have been afraid to try it. :)

I am always available for testing your products and then shipping them out to you. Just have them direct shipped to me first. Or I can be flown in for testing and training purposes. :P

TroyScherer
01-23-2016, 10:34 PM
At the risk of rumor mongering, Local shop told me that TAC Systems used to manufacture carpro products and at one point there were former employees of one working for the other, etc. If carpro had to find and test out other suppliers, perhaps that contributed to successive product versions?

Again, this is pure hearsay, I have no verification, but there has to be a reason why they each have virtually the same product offerings, yet neither has sued the other that we know about. I have used some TAC Systems products without issue.

I have heard and confirmed this. TAC was the first Mgft before CarPro took it over and went in house. Thus the reason for me to try QuartzMax. I am hoping it is the original Reload I fell in love with.

TroyScherer
01-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Great review Troy. With all of the hazing issues with Reload I have been reluctant to use it. Will definitely keep my eye on this product.

Thanks Pat.

So so far I am liking it. Just wish it was quite so chemical in the smell.

TroyScherer
01-23-2016, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info, I still think Kamakaze overcoat has everything out there beat!

Mike, I do agree Overcoat is some amazing stuff. It really is something special.

quebert
01-24-2016, 12:09 PM

Can`t find much about Over Spray online, the few reviews I found loved it, and the 2 videos I saw of it in action the beading was CRAZY. How does it look? Like if I bought it and used it on a car that didn`t have a coating or any sort of wax, glaze or sealant? I`m looking for a product that performs well, and also makes the paint pop.

mjlinane
01-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Great review, Troy.

TroyScherer
01-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Great review, Troy.

Thanks Mike !!!