PDA

View Full Version : Straight line scratches, limited products avail. Help?

dddetail
05-22-2006, 12:51 PM
HI All, have a black car, with scratches that are quite deep that run straight only, not in a swirl pattern. I have pc and have #9 megs and scratch remover. Tried both first with a yellowing polishing pad on #4 speed, did not remove. Then tried both products with a red cutting megs pad and did not remove. Both times, worked the prod in so it could do its work and break down. I have limited access to the most common meguiars prods at the store, can anyone make any suugestions for me on alternative products and procedures? Thanks!!

lonewolf0420
05-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Poorboy`s SSR2.5 w/ LC orange pad on speed 5.

AL-53
05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
If the scratches are real deep...you stating they are straight line ..most likely they were not wash induced or from waxing...unless you had grit in your tools..if you can snag your fingernail on the scratch you may not be able to remove with a PC..if real deep you may reduce them with a rotary..it depends on how deep they are..

best to try to post a picture of the scratches and let people see them and then you may get a process to remove them...it all depends on the severity of the scratches...

hope this helps
Al

dddetail
05-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Poorboy`s SSR2.5 w/ LC orange pad on speed 5.

Thanks, anything that the above would compare to in the Meguiars line?

dddetail
05-22-2006, 03:40 PM
If the scratches are real deep...you stating they are straight line ..most likely they were not wash induced or from waxing...unless you had grit in your tools..if you can snag your fingernail on the scratch you may not be able to remove with a PC..if real deep you may reduce them with a rotary..it depends on how deep they are..

best to try to post a picture of the scratches and let people see them and then you may get a process to remove them...it all depends on the severity of the scratches...

hope this helps
Al

I`ll post a pict, I cant really catch it with my fingernail, in 90% of it, the balance I can. I think they were done, a couple years ago like you said, I had grit on some clay, as I only rubbed the clay in a striaight line.

lonewolf0420
05-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks, anything that the above would compare to in the Meguiars line?
Maybe #83

Brenton
05-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I have limited access to the most common meguiars prods at the store, can anyone make any suugestions for me on alternative products and procedures? Thanks!!

I also recommend Poorboy`s SSR line (2.5 & 1 especially).
But...if accessibility is an issue, look for the yellow labeled "Farecla" products. G6 is a cut compound; G10 is an extra fine follow up.

Hawaiianelement
05-29-2006, 01:39 AM
I too like PB`s SSR 2.5 for all my scratches and swirls. Sometimes there is the need to use cutting pad on spped 6K and some pressure .

If you`re still not satisfied after using all the tools available, then try some glaze
over the car. Vanilla Moose is good; as well as meg`s speed glaze. They have
some fillers in `em to hide problem areas. Plus they look great as well.

dddetail
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Sorry guys, couldnt get pictures. Tried the #83 and then #9 and topped it with nxt. Took most of the scratching out except the real deep ones. Gonna try the poor boys line though as well.

CalgaryDetail
06-01-2006, 06:35 PM
try the poorboys SSR line. they are all good products. From what you have said i think 2.5 would be the way to go however i dont have any pics so start with the lowest (1) and then try somthing more aggresive. good luck

klnyc
06-01-2006, 08:03 PM
If 2.5 dont work, bring out the big gun "SSR3.0" Good luck.