PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Airbrushes?

Pages : [1] 2

Oldfordisbetter
01-15-2016, 10:06 PM
Thinking about buying an airbrush. Anyone else using one? I would use it to apply Solution Finish to tough areas like cowls in front of the windshield. Maybe use it to apply coatings, I think it would work well on some wheels. Maybe to apply tire coatings? Probably could use it for lots of little tasks. I will post a link of a place that I Found that has a great selection. What do you all think? Worth the investment or pass? Thanks for any help.

Airbrushes (http://www.tcpglobal.com/Airbrushes_3/)

Ronkh
01-15-2016, 10:19 PM
Anthony Orosco and his son do

Oldfordisbetter
01-15-2016, 10:21 PM
Is that how they apply Opti Coat Pro?

Ronkh
01-15-2016, 10:23 PM
Is that how they apply Opti Coat Pro?

Think so. Can`t remember his son`s name, but they did a couple of threads on it.

PM Anthony. He`s super nice and helpful. Years ago, he sent me detailed directions on how to apply optiseal that way. Including the specific gun/tip etc.

donbeezy
01-15-2016, 10:27 PM
they have some guys on YouTube applying tire dressing with spray guns. seen some air brushed with carpro dlux too

Oldfordisbetter
01-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Yes, I saw where Chris Thomas said about applying Opti Seal with a airbrush. Anthony`s son is Cameron, right? Cam made an account here, but i dont see him posting much... I may have to PM Anthony. Thanks Ron

Ronkh
01-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Yes, I saw where Chris Thomas said about applying Opti Seal with a airbrush. Anthony`s son is Cameron, right? Cam made an account here, but i dont see him posting much... I may have to PM Anthony. Thanks Ron

Yep

That`s his name

ShaneB
01-16-2016, 12:45 AM
This seems like a really cool idea! I hate dressing that area in front of the windshield. always such a pain to do

Accumulator
01-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Every time somebody brings this up I think about getting out my Paasche, but I never do.

Oldfordisbetter
01-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Every time somebody brings this up I think about getting out my Paasche, but I never do.

so did you use your airbrush a lot? Or not really. Is Paasche a good brand? Would you buy one again or did you find a substitute that works just as well?

Accumulator
01-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Oldfordisbetter- I only used it for painting plastic models, which I was into in a *BIG* way back in the day. I really liked Paasches, much better than the Badger I started with, and IMO it`s a good brand if you want to get one.

But as for using it for *detailing*, sorry but I`m clueless.

davidc
01-16-2016, 04:34 PM
I would not spend big money to shoot car care products. I have a few air brushes and paint guns but I use a Harbor Freight gun spraying Tire protectants etc. Unlike Accumulator I do have a Badger air brush and it works very well for me with paint. I would not shoot anything but paint in it tho.

Dave

davidc
01-16-2016, 04:43 PM
Take a look at this. It will not break the bank, you will get acquainted with the tool.

Deluxe Airbrush Kit (http://www.harborfreight.com/deluxe-airbrush-kit-95810.html)

Dave

Accumulator
01-16-2016, 04:54 PM
davidc-Tthat does look like a good setup for the $. And regarding the Badgers, they make a few different ones and the model I started with as a kid (back in maybe `72) wasn`t one of their better models.

davidc
01-16-2016, 04:59 PM
I wouldn`t use it for painting but I would shoot car care products with it. Just my opinion

Dave