PDA

View Full Version : Sticky stuff on new cobra guzzler

AAEzra
01-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Ok so I`m a rookie and I opened 1 of the many goodies I bought from here to detail my car. Took my guzzler outof the packaging and went to dry my car, saw a lil piece of paper like a fortune cookie wrapper on the towel all soaking wet after wringing out the towel and tosse the paper and thought nothing of it. Well now I have a sticky adhesive spot on the towel where I guess that paper tag was. Any recommendations on removing this sticky stuff that looks like it`s worked itself into the microfiber :(.

GearHead_1
01-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Always get the stickers on mine but have never seen them cause the issue described. If it doesn`t wash out call Ray, he`ll make things right.

AAEzra
01-04-2016, 01:38 AM
I`ll try to wash it by itself but kinda hesitant as I think it will just spread, gues I`ll try to wash it by hand and see what happens

JSFM35X
01-04-2016, 05:31 AM
I`d try to desolve it with apc or bug and tar remover by hand and rinse before washing so you don`t gunk up the rest of the load.

AAEzra
01-05-2016, 12:46 AM
I gotta try something, towel works great I just don`t want it to pick up stuff, if it removes with the methods suggested I`ll update you guys

65chevy
01-05-2016, 07:58 PM
yes Ray is the man

RTexasF
01-06-2016, 08:29 AM
For what it`s worth ...........the standing recommendation is that new MF towels be washed prior to use.

Accumulator
01-06-2016, 01:14 PM
I know it`s getting hard to find, but I`ve used 3M Adhesive Remover to take such stuff off MFs. I simply love that product...it *works*.

AAEzra
01-06-2016, 07:28 PM
I haven`t had a chance to try it yet as it`s been raining pretty much every day. Found a google thread thread on microfiber couches that isopropyl alcohol with a terry cloth might work to get it out as I already have that around

Accumulator
01-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Found a google thread thread on microfiber couches that isopropyl alcohol with a terry cloth might work to get it out as I already have that around

Or it might result in terrycloth lint being stuck to the sticky stuff that`s stuck to the MF! So be careful if you try that. I`d really rather use some kind of Adhesive Remover...GooGone, DissolveIt, maybe some citrus-based cleaner (I know the 3M stuff that I prefer sounds esoteric if you`re not used to having it around).