PDA

View Full Version : Americana Compound?

Oldfordisbetter
12-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Anyone using Barry Theal`s new compound? Thomas Dekany posted on AG its the best or one of the best he has ever used. I would love to try it, but I have way to many others I have to use up first. Let me know if you used it and if you liked it :)for future shopping consideration....:)

KMG
01-04-2016, 10:54 AM
I have used the IAT1500 (compound) and the IAT3000 (polish) previously and both are great products and certainly will have a place in my cabinet. The compound is really nice as it has an endless work time and you get zero dusting from it while having a great deal of cut. I would say it a lot like the Griot`s new Fast Correcting Cream which I also use a lot of. Give it a try and I am positive you will like it.

Oldfordisbetter
01-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Thanks KMG. I really like Griots but I might give Americana a try when I need more compound... Which is not for a long time...

Pats300zx
01-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks KMG. I really like Griots but I might give Americana a try when I need more compound... Which is not for a long time...

I may some samples of the Americana line that Barry sent me. I will look through my stuff. If I can find it I can send them to you if you like.

The Guz
01-04-2016, 04:52 PM
I`ve only used their Ameridepth polish and it works pretty well. One of these days I will try out their IAT polish.

Lonnie
01-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Seems now that Americana Global, Inc. is ONLY available through Facebook.
If you try to get through their to their old website, you`ll be redirected to something else. (Mine came up to Time-Warner Cable).

Not sure what is going on with Americana Car Care company. Barry Theal has ALWAYS been a reputable and honest person in my opinion.

Oldfordisbetter
01-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Pat, thanks for the offer, but im good for now. Like I said, to many other compounds to use at the moment. Thanks again

Lonnie, google Americana Global. He does have a real nice website.

Lonnie
01-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Here`s the website link: Americana Global (http://americanaglobal.com/)

Apparently it may be "difficult" to find on Google because of "other" similar-sounding domain names that have more precedence on Google`s activity list and are at the before Barry`s company.

Oldfordisbetter
01-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Yup, you got it Lonnie!

Dellinger
01-26-2016, 11:55 AM
A local detailer and friend was gracious enough to give me a bottle of this. It has been on my shelf for a while but finally was able to put it to use.

I tried this compound with a Rupes 15 and LC low-profile, purple, foam cutting pad. No pics (sorry, didn`t have the time.)

My initial impressions...
-Good cut, not M100 or 101 levels but solid.
-Great work time
-Did not observe any dust... but I didn`t complete an entire vehicle with it either... was just a touch up where a customer`s wife used a brush to wash a panel.
-Finish seemed good... I say good because it was a grey, metallic color... which is not necessarily a good candidate, color wise, to determine the finishing ability of a compound or polish
-Categorized as `diminishing abrasives` according to bottle. Those abrasives broke down quickly with 2 passes, which is nice... worked product for 3 passes total... could have gone longer.

At the moment, I like IAT 1500 better than HD Adapt (which I have been using as a mid-tier compound). Cut appears to be equal to FG400 and Griot`s Correcting Cream. Once I use IAT 1500 on a non-metallic black and see how it performs... this could be my new mid-tier compound. Right now, I am looking to replace HD Adapt with either- Griot`s Correcting Cream or IAT 500. I am intending to continue to test these two products to determine which one I will keep on the shelf. I will try to reply to this thread as I have more experience with the product.

Best regards,
-Gabe

Oldfordisbetter
01-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Big thanks Dellinger!