PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Users...

zmcgovern45
12-21-2015, 12:11 PM
Hoping someone can fill me in on the secret.

Black vs Classic? What`s the difference?

The tornador site lists identical specs for both tools...
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/AttentiontoDetailingPeoria/12375172_10153820092377363_1347683915490843498_o_z ps6nqy97on.jpg

...yet claims the black has twice the cleaning power, uses less air, and is quieter. So I`m confused.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/AttentiontoDetailingPeoria/12366357_10153820091102363_5239913142809950581_n_z psm49wovs2.jpg

Also - I`ve only got a 20 Gal compressor with 4.2 CFM @ 90 PSI... enough for occasional use? or don`t bother?

This looks like a great little tool for quick and easy stain removal. I don`t do much interior work (maybe a few jobs each year), but want something that I can use for the occasional stain removal and cleaning of seats,doors, floor mats. I am tired of scrubbing.

Personal reviews/opinions/regrets also welcome.

Thanks!

Migue
12-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Can`t comment on the differences because i used it before the Black Model came out, IME it is such a great little tool. It is definitely on my "must own" list for down the road once i get my things set up better. I used to use it almost daily at a Body Shop cleaning up all the cars before delivering to customers and it was great at removing stains and cleaning up pretty much the great majority of the interior with it alone. It managed to remove coffee stains off light colored carpet and nasty baked dirt/stains on floor mats without any scrubbing.

Good luck on your purchase and congrats, it is a great addition to the arsenal IMHO.

RaysWay
12-21-2015, 01:03 PM
I think that website has a few errors. Side by side, you can tell a huge difference in power and noise between the classic and black. The black version is louder and much more powerful. When we demo the tools at classes or events, everyone always gets big grin after they use the black version. If you want to take a fraction of the time to scrub interior panels or carpets, get a Tornador.

kosmetikwerks
12-21-2015, 01:28 PM
From what I was told by a supplier:

- black you can adjust air flow( classic you can`t)
- black runs on ball bearings( classic the tube simply slaps around in the cone with the air pressure. Causes more wear on both the cone and that tube with the blue things on it )

Been using the classic for about a year and it works fine for me... when it breaks I will probably step up to a black because I like how you can adjust the air pressure as well as product to air ratio.

Hope this helps!

Accumulator
12-21-2015, 01:44 PM
IIRC, you have to have the Black version to use the vacuum attachment. I like the idea of sucking up all the stuff you dislodge.

Migue
12-21-2015, 02:31 PM
vacuum sure is a nice addition to this tool. While using the classic one, a face mask and glasses are pretty much a must due to all the stuff floating around, it can make the interiors pretty stuffy with the cleaner vapors being all over the place.

RaysWay
12-21-2015, 02:56 PM
vacuum sure is a nice addition to this tool. While using the classic one, a face mask and glasses are pretty much a must due to all the stuff floating around, it can make the interiors pretty stuffy with the cleaner vapors being all over the place.

Great suggestion. The Tornador Enzyme Cleaner and DP Hi-Intensity APC work great and don`t agitate me like some others. But a respirator and good airflow is a must.

LeadingEdgeDetail
12-21-2015, 10:29 PM
I have both the Black and the Classic.

Classic requires more airflow

Black is nuts

I also use the Enzyme cleaner and my Interior Cleaner (heavily diluted of course)

Respirator is a great thing, I really should wear mine more :-S

I told my supplier to get me one of those vacuum attachments as soon as he can... I think he forgot about me :(

The Driver
12-21-2015, 10:42 PM
Just make sure to wear a mask when atomizing cleaners like apc and others. I wouldn`t mind using a tornador but I think concept of aerosolizing cleaners gives me the jitters in the long run.

jtford95
12-22-2015, 04:13 PM
I also want to order one. It looks like a great asset to have

ShawnF350
12-22-2015, 10:51 PM
If you own a VX5000 would you still have a use for the Tornador?

Accumulator
12-23-2015, 12:39 PM
ShawnF350- I`d think so...just a different type of tool. I have steamers and extractors and [whatever] but IMO the Tornador is simply unlike anything in my current arsenal. If nothing else, it`s not spraying its output at a high temperature.