PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl bedcover care

TuxedoTaurus
12-16-2015, 01:21 PM
I have a new tonneau cover on its way.

What do you recommend I protect it with?

I`m looking for something longterm, easy to use, and low maintenance.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Pats300zx
12-16-2015, 01:42 PM
I would recommend Ultima Tire and Trim. I just recently did my tonneau cover this past weekend with Blackfire AIO Protectorant. I think you might get longer protection with Ultima but my cover wasn`t totally clean and Blackfire did a great job of cleaning it up and protecting it.

RitcheyRch
12-16-2015, 02:23 PM
I would imagine any protectant that is water based and no silicone based.

The Driver
12-16-2015, 02:34 PM
What about CQuartz Dlux or Gtechniq Trim coating or Gyeon on rubber and trim coating.

TuxedoTaurus
12-16-2015, 02:51 PM
What about CQuartz Dlux or Gtechniq Trim coating or Gyeon on rubber and trim coating.
Are those trim Coatings going to work on a smoother surface? I have seen issues of Dlux on rubber window trim

TuxedoTaurus
12-16-2015, 02:52 PM
I have thought about that, but I really don`t want to reapply after every wash.

The Driver
12-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Are those trim Coatings going to work on a smoother surface? I have seen issues of Dlux on rubber window trim

I personally have had MAJOR success with D-lux on window trim. I scrubbed the hell out of it with meguiars M39, then wipe off the residue with iso alcohol and it comes out perfect. I`ve had it on my S60R`s window trim almost 2 years and it`s just starting to fade now. Compared to others that need reapplying constantly I`ll gladly take 20+ months of hard use.

mc2hill
12-16-2015, 03:28 PM

Yes. I orginally used 303, but switched to Adam`s Super VRT, but any premium type dressing should be fine. I clean mine a couple of times a year with RaggTopp cleaner (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wps-2148.html#.VnHJPdIrLlY).