PDA

View Full Version : Griots Customer Service

KBsToy
11-29-2015, 10:30 AM
I bought a Griots 5" lithium polisher when they first came out. I have used it for wax / sealant and some light polishing. I was using it the other day and heard some noise coming from polisher ( sounded like marbles ) to make along story short I called customer service and told them my problem. They emailed me a shipping label to sent polisher back (their charge) about 10 days later a new polisher was in my mail box.

No 64 questions, they stand behind their products.

Satisfied customer :)

Pats300zx
11-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Griots customer service is fantastic. I had a old bottle of leather conditioner that went bad and they replace it without any questions.

tropicsteve
11-29-2015, 08:24 PM
can`t beat griot`s customer service. zero problems out of my 6"da for five years until my parrot chewed the cord in half. I called just to see if my re-splicing the cord back together would void the warranty and they said to just return it and they would take care of it. in 10 days I had a new griot`s 6" da. pretty awesome.

JSFM35X
11-29-2015, 10:53 PM
I am happy with my GG6. No issues in a few years.

My 3" unit is a total and utter waste. I called griots to tell them it a dog and I wanted to trade it in for a new long throw unit in 21. No deal. In all fairness I did not buy this directly from griots and it`s more than a year old. I just don`t use it for anything other than a leather cleaning unit with a brush mounted. Maybe used it 1-2 times for that because I have a hand brush I like better.

Ccrew
11-30-2015, 01:52 AM
My 3" unit is a total and utter waste.

I`m telling ya, it`s like owning a 3" electric toothbrush. :P Makes a lot of buzzing but no real work..

JSFM35X
11-30-2015, 07:55 AM
If they were smart with would offer shoe shine accessories for all us disappointed customers.

This 3" unit really is useless and in there is no use for it at all.

I had tried to sell it locally and got zero hits.

I`m telling ya, it`s like owning a 3" electric toothbrush. :P Makes a lot of buzzing but no real work..

tropicsteve
11-30-2015, 10:03 AM
I still use my 3", but only on the highest speed. i`d like to try it with a 2" backing plate and pad to see if that helps. a stronger motor is definitely needed.

Bunky
11-30-2015, 10:18 AM
I had a foam gun that died and they replaced it. Excellent service.

Jaddie
11-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Roshan (ihaveacamaro) reviewed the 3" and said it will polish. Lack of power is a common complaint, but some of us idiots can`t use power, anyway. I burned through our van`s paint with the Griot`s 6".

OneQuickGT1
11-30-2015, 11:22 PM
I had one of the original GG6 polishers, which would be almost ten years ago. I sold it to a friend, it went dead about 18 months ago, and he called Griot`s. They replaced it with a new model, no questions.

Their CS is fantastic. I should try more of their products, but the ones I have deliver.

ShawnF350
11-30-2015, 11:47 PM
If they were smart with would offer shoe shine accessories for all us disappointed customers.

This 3" unit really is useless and in there is no use for it at all.

I had tried to sell it locally and got zero hits.

I threw my 3" Griots in when I Sold the GG6. When the buyer didn`t want it. I told him its a perfect pair . ....mighta lied a bit.
I previously tried to get Griots to swap my GG6 for the newer gen 3 but they wouldn`t . Told them it might help me with my bad hands.

I love the shoe shine idea.

You could take the motor out of it and use it as a Christmas Tree Ornament.

ShawnF350
11-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Just thought. ..maybe Griots could sell the gg3 as a super duty mechanics hand scrubber.
Use their yellow scrub pad and some new Boss Orange Hand Scrubbing Cream.

JSFM35X
12-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Maybe I`ll call and tell them it`s defective. By design. It won`t polish anything faster than by hand. Really it`s a wax applicator at best.