PDA

View Full Version : best route

West6MT
05-19-2006, 02:20 AM
Hey guys,
Right now I have a coat of UPP on my black car. Im going to put another coat on the car tomorrow. After that I was planning on topping with Nattys blue.

Do you think I can get away with a weekly washing (QD/waterless wash when needed besides normal washing), and putting on Nattys every few weeks? I know that when I top with Nattys I wont be able to put on any more UPP. Will regularly adding Nattys keep the car protected for a good chunk of time? In other words, can I keep applying Nattys on top of the UPP layers and have effective protection/good looking results for a good chunk of time (ex 4 months) before the UPP is gone? Will the Nattys shield the UPP from deteriorating????

Would it be better to just use UPP, and apply more when ever I feel like it?

Just to make sure,......with UPP on the car,.......I can use OCW ontop of the UPP right?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
:D

Brenton
05-19-2006, 04:46 AM
I assume OCW works over UPP, but haven`t done it.

On UPP+Natty`s, you still have plenty of protection--even in your caustic environment.

West6MT
05-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for replying PEI.

CharlesW
05-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Do you think I can get away with a weekly washing (QD/waterless wash when needed besides normal washing), and putting on Nattys every few weeks?Yes.

I know that when I top with Nattys I wont be able to put on any more UPP.Not and have the UPP bond.

Will regularly adding Nattys keep the car protected for a good chunk of time? In other words, can I keep applying Nattys on top of the UPP layers and have effective protection/good looking results for a good chunk of time (ex 4 months) before the UPP is gone?IMO, yes.

Will the Nattys shield the UPP from deteriorating????It should help.

Would it be better to just use UPP, and apply more when ever I feel like it?That`s what I have always done.

Just to make sure,......with UPP on the car,.......I can use OCW ontop of the UPP right?I know nothing about OCW so I`m no help here.

FWIW, if you want to apply more UPP after you have used the Natty`s for a while, just use a paint cleaner such as Klasse AIO or 4 Star UPC to remove the Natty`s. You can then apply UPP again with no bonding issues.

Charles

West6MT
05-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks Charles, great answers. If I used a paint cleaner though, wouldnt that take off the nattys and the UPP already on the car? I guess its not a big deal if I strip everything off and just put on a few fresh coats of UPP.

Ahhhh, I cant decide between more and more UPP coats or adding Nattys into the mix. Sigh.

CharlesW
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks Charles, great answers. If I used a paint cleaner though, wouldnt that take off the nattys and the UPP already on the car? I guess its not a big deal if I strip everything off and just put on a few fresh coats of UPP.

Ahhhh, I cant decide between more and more UPP coats or adding Nattys into the mix. Sigh.Been away from the computer for a few days and didn`t see this.
Yes, the paint cleaner will basically be starting over. That`s why I don`t use a topper over the UPP.
FWIW, you would probably be good for 3 months or more with the UPP topped with Natty`s. Try it and see just how long it looks good to you.

Charles