PDA

View Full Version : Ammo nyc "reflex"

Angus
11-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Larry @ AMMO NYC just released his newest product "REFLEX (http://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-reflex-foundation-coat/)". After reading the product description it appears to be a coating, but Larry is downplaying all the basic prep work involved and is instead recommending to wash your car with dish soap (no!) and go straight to applying REFLEX. Larry then goes on to recommend applying Reflex 2X a year - and if I read between the lines could it be because w/o all the standard prep - wash, clay, decon, polish, prime, and then coating Reflex will fail sooner...

Directions: http://www.ammonyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AMMO_reflex_oneSheet.pdf

Oldfordisbetter
11-25-2015, 11:56 AM
I take it that his regular sealant provides better protection than this new product. I would not call this a coating...

betterthansx
11-25-2015, 12:32 PM
I take it that his regular sealant provides better protection than this new product. I would not call this a coating...

By the look of it, Reflex isn`t meant to replace his sealant, it is meant to worth WITH it and give you a better finish.

silverfox
11-25-2015, 12:34 PM
It`s not a coating. It`s a foundation for ammo skin with super gloss enhancers that skin doesn`t have. I do like seeing more prep and foundation products from the manufactures themselves. I`d never mix and match product lines anymore. I stick with an entire line from polish to prep product to LSP. I`ve gotten way better results from every manufacturer since doing that.

betterthansx
11-25-2015, 01:49 PM
It`s not a coating. It`s a foundation for ammo skin with super gloss enhancers that skin doesn`t have. I do like seeing more prep and foundation products from the manufactures themselves. I`d never mix and match product lines anymore. I stick with an entire line from polish to prep product to LSP. I`ve gotten way better results from every manufacturer since doing that.

I agree. When you use one manufacturer, you know that the products were developed together and are meant to work together.

Legacykid
11-29-2015, 11:11 AM
interesting though was when he mentioned how its flexible. Something I knew thought about when talking about coatings. I am curious about how important of a role this plays, and how standard coatings play into this idea.