Angus
10-28-2015, 11:05 AM
N59cMTzSbdk

RaskyR1
10-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Me likey!

RaysWay
10-28-2015, 11:37 AM
Is it just me or does it sound different too? Sounds torquier. Almost like the difference between a base model Mercury Sable v.s. the Duratech Mercury Sable with the beefier 24V DOHC engine.

Oldfordisbetter
10-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Im with you Vega. I noticed right away it sounded different.

trashmanssd
10-28-2015, 11:44 AM
subscribe I want to remember to watch this tonight.

Angus
10-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Yup, I heard it too. I like the new deeper sound the MKII makes :)

jsou
10-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Interesting.

XxBoostinxX
10-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Yep, I definitely want one. I noticed how they added the rubber piece on the back side of the polisher as well. Nice touch.

65chevy
10-28-2015, 02:17 PM
another polisher that every one will want

Dylan@RUPES
10-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Is it just me or does it sound different too? Sounds torquier. Almost like the difference between a base model Mercury Sable v.s. the Duratech Mercury Sable with the beefier 24V DOHC engine.

Its funny you mention it, b/c I hadn`t noticed the sound difference until watching Larry`s vid. I`ve logged a fair amount of time with the MKII, but hadn`t noticed it, then again it would be hard to detect unless you were switching rapidly between the two.

ShawnF350
10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
So if that`s a 7" pad. Won`t i reduce stalling if i use a 6"?
This is why i haven`t sold my 3401 quite yet.

Dylan@RUPES
10-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Potentially, but you`ll also substantially increase vibration. A fact many overlook is that the pad on the BF system, more than any other system before it, acts as a counterweight. Its been shown before, run a RUPES in free air with no pad, note the vibration, then attach a properly weighted pad and do the same. Its virtually vibration free when mated with the correct weight pad. While we can`t say not to run a smaller pad, it really isn`t the intended design for optimal performance.

Would make more sense to simply go with a LHR15 if you find yourself needing a smaller pad. Personally the 15 is my favorite tool in the line anyways.

Oldfordisbetter
10-28-2015, 06:43 PM
I guess when you were at the Adams event you showed Adams pads etc. whats your thoughts on that? Or how does that work? Does Rupes bark at you guys about something like that?
To be honest, not really sure where im going with this......

Dylan@RUPES
10-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Its well documented that RUPES endorses the use of their pads for the BigFoot tools due to their part in balancing the tool. I knew this going into the project with Adam`s. RUPES foams didn`t necessarily align with AP compounds, so new pads had to be selected. Knowing that we contacted RUPES, asked for spec weights on their pads and did everything we could match weights and densities (the Adam`s pads are not just off the shelf LC pads). All that being said, I did my best on my final project with Adam`s, to honor the RUPES philosophy of matching pad weights to tools.... are they a perfect 1:1 for RUPES factory foams? No... but they`re the closest I`m aware of.

As far as demoing, Jason and I only gave a talk on the concepts of random orbital polishing and specifically efficiency and what the BigFoot line does that no other tools do. The actual paint correction demo was handled by Adam and his team.

Oldfordisbetter
10-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the reply Dylan. It makes sense now. :yourrock