PDA

View Full Version : BMW Pebble Leather Cleaning?

Lazzman
10-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Hello,

I recently had a customer get a quote on a 2014 BMW with the light Beige Pebble leather interior.

I could see visible dirt on the leather and hope that it was just dirt, I am thinking it might be color transfer from blue jeans; as that seems to happen on light colored leathers quite a bit.

The BMW leather is very tough hide and probably can take a strong leather cleaner. I am looking for suggestions on a product to help get those stains out?

I have used leather masters in the past and like it for smooth leather but I don`t think the light style application would help loosen the dirt, it looks more like I need a product that can be scrubbed with a soft brush.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful :rockon

The Driver
10-24-2015, 11:13 AM
I would use an interior apc like optimums and then start out with a mild dilution then go up from there.

Ronkh
10-24-2015, 11:14 AM
10/1 woolite
weak apc

Lazzman
10-24-2015, 11:56 AM
I have Meg`s 10:1 APC I will give that a try.

Just curious why no one suggests leather Cleaners like Connolly? I realize the cost is prohibitive but it must be better overall?

Ronkh
10-24-2015, 12:00 PM
I have Meg`s 10:1 APC I will give that a try.

Just curious why no one suggests leather Cleaners like Connolly? I realize the cost is prohibitive but it must be better overall?

10/1 apc may be too strong, maybe not

BMW leathers are coated, most "leather soaps" are a waste of $$$$, Just don`t mix it too strong and you`ll be good to go.

Swanicyouth
10-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Lolz. I disagree with Ron. Most APCs are pH basic - even diluted. While this MAY not affect the leather, I can`t see risking it when these seat covers are so expensive.

However, I`ve used various basic cleaners on my BMW nappa leather (including Megs Leather Cleaner ~ pH 10) without any issue. So, I guess I`m a hypocrite.

Out of all the stuff out there, I think the best cleaner is from Leather Masters. It`s pH neutral and works well. Sonus All in 1 is another good super cheap cleaner. It`s an APC - but dilutes 1:30 for leather.

Lazzman
10-24-2015, 06:07 PM
I used Megs 10:1 with a small scrub brush and it worked really well, Meg`s APC says it also has a leather/vinyl conditioner in it, so it won`t dry it out.

Anyway it worked really well, thanks for the suggestions!

Leather Master is my favorite but it says to gentle rub it in a circular motion, don`t think gentle motion would work on this leather.

Stokdgs
10-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Connolly products have their place but last I checked they are made for older untreated leather vehicles like Jaguars, etc...

My All Time Favorite Leather Cleaner/Conditioner still is Link--- Zaino Store : Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner (http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Z&Product_Code=Z-9&Category_Code=interiortires)

This product has cleaned about every kind of leather I have ever seen, and if you have Steamer and spray the cleaner on the leather, brush it, and apply steam through a small white towel, you will be amazed at how much brown gunk comes off into the towel..

Dan F

Lazzman
10-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the cleaning tip, I will check out the Zaino