PDA

View Full Version : Coming from Burlington, Ontario, Canada

betterthansx
10-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Just wanted to say hi.

I am new (obviously) to the forum and I look forward to reading and learning.

I am relatively new to detailing. I started last summer. My girlfriend bought a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST and I wanted to protect it rather than come back in a year or two and fix it.

Oddly enough, it was YouTube that turned me onto detailing. I knew dick all. I got hooked on Larry at AMMO NYC`s videos. I thought videos about detailing would be boring, but I am a very detail oriented person so I caught on quick. Now whenever I have a question, someone on YouTube seems to have already shown how to deal with it.

I still do not think I am any pro. I am still quite hesitant to do certain things because I just do not feel comfortable. My newest stage that I want to get into is polishing. I have been doing a lot of research and have it narrowed down to a Rupes Bigfoot LHR21ES and a Griots Garage BOSS 21mm. I just saw a video last night that the 21ES V2 is coming out soon, so I may wait for that.

I just have so many questions about processes and compounds and pads...so I will have a lot of reading to do! Anyways, I digress. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say!

Cheers

tom p.
10-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Better, welcome aboard!

GearHead_1
10-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums. Just a thought on your chosen polishers, why not mix it up and get one 15mm and one 21mm instead of 2, 21mm polishers/

betterthansx
10-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums. Just a thought on your chosen polishers, why not mix it up and get one 15mm and one 21mm instead of 2, 21mm polishers/

I am just looking for one for now. Those are my two to decide between. I will likely expand my arsenal once I get a house. We will likely be getting a house in the next year or so, and once that happens I will have room for my tools and detailing stuff. Right now I have zero room for things in my apartment so one machine is enough ahah!

GearHead_1
10-22-2015, 03:30 PM
I am just looking for one for now. Those are my two to decide between. I will likely expand my arsenal once I get a house. We will likely be getting a house in the next year or so, and once that happens I will have room for my tools and detailing stuff. Right now I have zero room for things in my apartment so one machine is enough ahah!Ha, got it. It was the "and" rather than an "or" that got me.

4u2nvinmtl
10-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the Autopia forms.

Ronkh
10-23-2015, 04:09 PM
hi

Pats300zx
10-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Welcome !!!!

JohnZ3MC
10-24-2015, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. The members here are really helpful and readily share their wisdom.
I`m from western Canada, very near Victoria, B.C. If you`re looking for a couple of great Canadian sites for detailing stuff, just ask and we`ll provide a few great ones. Mind you, you might not be looking for a ton of stuff until you get the house.
What colour (yup, Canadian) is the GF`s Fiesta?