PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq panel wipe question

Klock
10-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Hey guys! I have finally gotten to polishing my personal vehicle! The only thing is that it has taken me 2 weeks to do a basic 2 step.
I am going to coat it with exo v2, and I have panel wipe for the final prep before applying the exo v2. I used menzerna 4500 for the final step, and didn`t use panel wipe directly after finishing each panel, so now I have some places that have had polish residue on them for up to two weeks.

My question is will it be harder, Easier, or the same effort to remove ALL of the polish residue now that it has sat on the paint for so long? Should I use the same tecknique with the panel wipe, or adjust the amount of product used, or passes over the area in order to remove it all?

There are a lot of times where I will wash the car after polish, and before lsp. Then do panel wipe, or iPa if I`m using a coating. But With my time constraints I`m not going to be able to wash it again for a wile.

Also. If I was to layer exo with exo. What would be the prime time to do so? Directly after applying the first coat, or after its cured, or sometime in between? This will be my first time using exo v2 so any tips will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

ShaneB
10-14-2015, 04:44 PM
How much residue are we talking about? Like you left areas completely unwiped for 2 weeks or you wiped them off and called it good? I would say wash the car again to help break up any residue, then dry and go over the surface with the panel wipe and you should be good. Obviously letting it sit for so long is going to make it harder to remove, as with any product you let dry and sit on a surface.

I just got EXO v2 as well and have serious time constraints. Im breaking the car up in sections and do what I can from wash/decon to polish/prep/coat. One day I did the whole front clip (about 2 hours) and today I just did the 2 passenger doors (a little over an hour). My car doesn`t need anything more than a light polish so I don`t have much polishing to do so it doesn`t take very long. I figure ill have probably 6-8 hours invested to do the whole job over the course of a few weeks.

I did just do my first wash with the front clip coated and I must say, I REALLY like the EXO. a rinseless wash with a carpro wool wash mitt and everything came off effortlessly. even some bug splatter that had been on there for about a week came off easy. LOVE IT!

As for layering, I also would like to know. I have been doing 2 layers, applying the coating, wiping off high spots, coming back after 5 mins or so and coating again.

Klock
10-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. I didn`t leave any residue on the car that couldn`t be wiped off with a towel.
Glad to here you like the coating!