PDA

View Full Version : Under Carriage Dressing

Brownie
10-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Hey Guys,

Am sure most of you know, but there are primarily two types of dressings.
Solvent Based and Water based.

Generally Water Based (Like Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing) blend well with a wet wheel well or motor. Some can provide a nice clean look. The drawback is, they don`t last.

Traditionally Solvent Based Dressings used to have strong solvents like Hexane. They are no longer legal thanks to CARB. Griot`s Garage Undercarriage Dressing utilizes a unique blend of VOC Compliant Solvent, blended with a high weigh silicone. It is certainly more expensive than others, but will deliver the darkest, longest lasting wheel well dressing around.

All Season is a Solvent Based as well. It`ll work better than any Water Based (Durability, dirt coverage), but won`t last as long as Undercarriage Dressing. I loved All Season for years and have a few gallons laying around. I`ve moved to Undercarriage...not just because I work at Griot`s, but because it lasts longer and spreads more evenly.

2 cents :-)
Brownie

Stokdgs
10-08-2015, 10:14 AM
How does your Griot`s Undercarriage compare to C/Guys Bare Bones ? Have you guys done any comparison tests ?
Thanks
Dan F

Pats300zx
10-08-2015, 10:26 AM
How does your Griot`s Undercarriage compare to C/Guys Bare Bones ? Have you guys done any comparison tests ?
Thanks
Dan F

I have found Griots UCS to last much longer than Bare Bones. UCS defintely seems to be thicker. Just be careful getting UCS on your driveway. It`s a PITA to remove. I have been using UCS for years on my garage queens.

RaysWay
10-26-2015, 12:49 PM
All Season is a Solvent Based as well. It`ll work better than any Water Based (Durability, dirt coverage), but won`t last as long as Undercarriage Dressing. I loved All Season for years and have a few gallons laying around. I`ve moved to Undercarriage...not just because I work at Griot`s, but because it lasts longer and spreads more evenly.

2 cents :-)
Brownie

I tried out Meguiars All Season Dressing this weekend :10:

Idk why I waited so long to try it. I applied a single light coat to a Mitsubishi and it looked super shiny at first, but settled down half an hour later and just gave a great dressed look. The next day I applied it HEAVILY to my tires after cleaning with Optimum Power Clean and the tires look amazing. Super easy to apply from a sprayer and it gave me the high gloss I`m always looking for. Once I finish my bottle of CG Bare Bones, I`ll be giving GG Undercarriage a shot :)

Accumulator
10-26-2015, 01:09 PM
Just keep the Undercarriage off of things you don`t want it on...including the floor ;)

Anybody ever try to clean it off of something for a repaint?

I did use the stuff for a while, not hating on it.