PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headphones/Earbuds

Pages : [1] 2

XxBoostinxX
10-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Trying to weigh some pros/cons with some wireless headphones or earbuds and wondering what everyone recommends. I have a set of Klipsch S4`s that have great sound quality and fit, but they are wired and really get in my way when I am polishing or working in the yard. I have looked into the Plantronic Backbeat Go 2, Jaybird Bluebuds, and the LG Tone. A friend of mine bought the Jaybirds and hated the feel of them so much he immediately returned them. I see a lot of people running the LG Tones and I have tried them, but they just weren`t that comfortable to me. So I think comfort is higher on my list than anything. What are you guys rocking/recommend?

The Driver
10-07-2015, 12:02 PM
I`ve been on the pre-order list for "The Dash" since the very beginning. Apparently they blow away everything on the face of the earth. Will see if they live up to the hype. ETA is about a month, I`ll let you know how they are.

I currently have klipsch S4 rugged, which I love. The sound is incredible, they are meant for real audiophiles who don`t like music getting drowned out by bass. If you are like me with the S4`s you might not like bose or a lot of main streams as most tend to lean toward bass. See if you can swing the dash, I`m 95% sure they will be worth EVER cent.

GearHead_1
10-07-2015, 12:03 PM
I picked up some Motorola S11 - HD wireless phones about a year ago and can`t imagine going back to wired. I have a fairly nice pair of Sennheiser Open Air, full sized, wired phones. Do the wireless sound as good? No but not by much and the truth is I`m typically wearing these when I have a engine running in the background. They`re great.

I liked them well enough that when Woot had a special on them ($24.99) a couple of weeks ago I bought 6 more pair. Wife, kids, relatives, I have no doubt all will like them. They`ll do significantly better than 5 hours on a full charge. They recharge very quicklly. I`ve worn them steadily for 6 hours and never run out of a charge. These use a micro USB charger. I have a feeling these are about to be updated or discontinued as the price has dropped significantly on them. OtterBox makes a nice clam shell case for these, I picked one of thes up too. It`s good protection when these aren`t on your head.

Here`s a link:

Amazon.com: Motorola S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black/White: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009M27MB2?keywords=motorola%20s11&qid=1444237624&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1)

Pats300zx
10-07-2015, 12:16 PM
I ordered a set of these....

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4

I like them but I find that they are constantly falling out of my ears when working out no matter what size buds I tried. They do sound great but now I find myself reaching for the old wired ones.

RaysWay
10-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Do you run your headphone wire from the inside of your shirt? That helps keep it out of the way for me. I love my Munitio Nines. I put Comply foam tips (the sport version for anti sweat) on all my earbuds for better sound quality and comfort. They`re much better than the standard rubber tips that come with most earbuds.

I`ve heard nothing but good things about the JayBirds so I`m surprised to hear bad things here. But I don`t really trust wireless anything for sound quality. Plus I prefer using a Fiio E6 inline amp so it has to be wired.

The Driver
10-07-2015, 12:30 PM
I ordered a set of these....

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4 (http://Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4)

I like them but I find that they are constantly falling out of my ears when working out no matter what size buds I tried. They do sound great but now I find myself reaching for the old wired ones.

Had the same problem with my klipsch. I ordered these, no more slipping an way better sound.
Comply? Foam Tips - Replacement Earphone Tips (http://www.complyfoam.com)

donbeezy
10-07-2015, 12:37 PM
xiamo pistons v2 (rose gold!) IEM, i run the wires inside my shirt so they dont get in the way. theyre cheap but sound really good.

XxBoostinxX
10-07-2015, 01:27 PM
I`ve been on the pre-order list for "The Dash" since the very beginning. Apparently they blow away everything on the face of the earth. Will see if they live up to the hype. ETA is about a month, I`ll let you know how they are.

I currently have klipsch S4 rugged, which I love. The sound is incredible, they are meant for real audiophiles who don`t like music getting drowned out by bass. If you are like me with the S4`s you might not like bose or a lot of main streams as most tend to lean toward bass. See if you can swing the dash, I`m 95% sure they will be worth EVER cent.
Wow, those are impressive. I also looked into the Earin headphones, but The Dash looks more impressive. I might wait until you tell me how you like them before I dive in.

I am like that with my S4`s. When I bought the S4`s a guy tried to convince me to buy the Beats By Dre ear buds because they have more bass. Which I didn`t care for. The sound is great in the S4`s and are so comfortable I think it will be hard to beat for me.

I picked up some Motorola S11 - HD wireless phones about a year ago and can`t imagine going back to wired. I have a fairly nice pair of Sennheiser Open Air, full sized, wired phones. Do the wireless sound as good? No but not by much and the truth is I`m typically wearing these when I have a engine running in the background. They`re great.

I liked them well enough that when Woot had a special on them ($24.99) a couple of weeks ago I bought 6 more pair. Wife, kids, relatives, I have no doubt all will like them. They`ll do significantly better than 5 hours on a full charge. They recharge very quicklly. I`ve worn them steadily for 6 hours and never run out of a charge. These use a micro USB charger. I have a feeling these are about to be updated or discontinued as the price has dropped significantly on them. OtterBox makes a nice clam shell case for these, I picked one of thes up too. It`s good protection when these aren`t on your head.

Here`s a link:

Amazon.com: Motorola S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black/White: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009M27MB2?keywords=motorola%20s11&qid=1444237624&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1)
I have tried the Motorola`s and I like how sturdy they are, but they hurt my ears after a while.

Do you run your headphone wire from the inside of your shirt? That helps keep it out of the way for me. I love my Munitio Nines. I put Comply foam tips (the sport version for anti sweat) on all my earbuds for better sound quality and comfort. They`re much better than the standard rubber tips that come with most earbuds.

I`ve heard nothing but good things about the JayBirds so I`m surprised to hear bad things here. But I don`t really trust wireless anything for sound quality. Plus I prefer using a Fiio E6 inline amp so it has to be wired.
I use to run the wire down my shirt and when I turn I always pull the buds out of my ears.

It wasn`t a knock on the Jaybirds quality or anything. They just don`t fit good in everyone`s ears.

4u2nvinmtl
10-07-2015, 01:33 PM
I use LG Bluetooth Headset HBS 800, $15-$100 depending where you buy them.

They are comparable in sound quality to the factory earbuds that come with the Samsung Galaxy phones...

Mr.sparkle
10-07-2015, 02:48 PM
So with me being a huge audiophile at first I was a bit skeptical about the entire bluetooth headphone thing. Ever Since I can remember I have always loved sound quality and I have always been known for making my own rca cables, headphone amplifiers and building high end audio systems for cars and or homes. After about a month of research and review reading I finally bit the bullet and purchased the matone QY8`s and I absolutely love them!! They are actually not expensive at all and the sound quality is impressive!! The battery life has been great thus far and I have never had an issue with them falling out of my ears while doing anything!! I highly recommend them!! Check them out!! :)

RaysWay
10-07-2015, 02:54 PM
So with me being a huge audiophile at first I was a bit skeptical about the entire bluetooth headphone thing. Ever Since I can remember I have always loved sound quality and I have always been known for making my own rca cables, headphone amplifiers and building high end audio systems for cars and or homes. After about a month of research and review reading I finally bit the bullet and purchased the matone QY8`s and I absolutely love them!! They are actually not expensive at all and the sound quality is impressive!! The battery life has been great thus far and I have never had an issue with them falling out of my ears while doing anything!! I highly recommend them!! Check them out!! :)

Ordered. :)

House of Wax
10-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Sub`d. Wireless headphones would be nice, but I`ve been hesitant to go down that road due to how many wired pairs I went through to find a pair that would stay in place without hurting my ears

The Driver
10-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Wow, those are impressive. I also looked into the Earin headphones, but The Dash looks more impressive. I might wait until you tell me how you like them before I dive in.

I am like that with my S4`s. When I bought the S4`s a guy tried to convince me to buy the Beats By Dre ear buds because they have more bass. Which I didn`t care for. The sound is great in the S4`s and are so comfortable I think it will be hard to beat for me.

I`ll definitely keep you updated. I`m pretty excited, Ive been waiting over year for these things so I hope they are worth the wait. I also looked at the earins but the internal storage of the dash won me over.

JSFM35X
10-07-2015, 05:19 PM
My kids bought me wireless beats for my birthday in July really for the gym. Package says, Water resistant and sweat proof (we will see)

they are great. Love them. Bit pricey, would not have bought them for myself but i love them. Sound is great and perfect iphone talk and music integration.

Swanicyouth
10-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Lemme tell you people something. LG Tones are great... But they suck for detailing. You know why? Water. They are not water proof. I went through 3 pairs of them. They all died after washing my car from sweat and water. One ear goes mute.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/7e7a8a41435d1f6a3306dffccd3e53e5.jpg

I`m using JayBirds now. They aren`t as refined as the Tones, but they are immune to water. Prolly could go swimming with them in. Sounds is as good, but they have more weight on the ear bud - so they may slip out of your ear of you get sweaty. Also, the battery meter for their charge doesn`t show up on the iPhone.