PDA

View Full Version : It Doesnt Have To Be Expensive...

Pages : [1] 2

Nizmo
10-03-2015, 09:33 AM
...to be a really great product. I know I`m going to get flack for this, but alot seem to have to have the latest and greatest/expensive product. I applied Poorboy`s Liquid Natty`s Blue back the beginning of April. Took this picture this morning and it`s still beading great!*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/turneras/Jetta/20151003_085126_zpsgh1joy1x.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/turneras/media/Jetta/20151003_085126_zpsgh1joy1x.jpg.html)

Car has been sitting outside 24/7 at the house or work all these months. I think its held up great!

*I know beading has not much to do with protection, but you know it`s still there. It`s been claimed Natty`s doesn`t last long at all by itself, this is proof it does. This was the only product on the car.

TroyScherer
10-03-2015, 10:19 AM
The PB LNB is good stuff. I found it to have better durability than the paste versions. And it is great for direct sun application. I actual found that if I would apply it and let it "bake" in the sun for 30min-1hr that it was easier to remove and looked better IMO.

tropicsteve
10-03-2015, 12:00 PM
+! for all of the pb natty`s .

512detail
10-03-2015, 03:24 PM
The PB LNB is good stuff. I found it to have better durability than the paste versions. And it is great for direct sun application. I actual found that if I would apply it and let it "bake" in the sun for 30min-1hr that it was easier to remove and looked better IMO.
nattys blue is great stuff. never tried the paste but the liquid is great

i have used the same process you describe with EXP and it wiped off very easily

Ronkh
10-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Good stuff

Used it on this

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/red%20vette%201/20150731_143916_zpskztygqts.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/red%20vette%201/20150731_143904_zpsso0lsaj1.jpg

Pats300zx
10-03-2015, 03:35 PM
I love Nattys Blue. Have never tried the liquid. After seeing your results I just might give it a try.

Ronkh
10-03-2015, 03:43 PM
I love Nattys Blue. Have never tried the liquid. After seeing your results I just might give it a try.

Liquid has more sealant in it (imho)

Shudda been called liquid red

Nizmo
10-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I love the red paste! I used just about all of it and gave it to a friend. I`m going to have to buy some more in the spring. Plan is on both vehicles is to do a couple coats of EX to last out the winter.

Ronkh
10-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I love the red paste! I used just about all of it and gave it to a friend. I`m going to have to buy some more in the spring. Plan is on both vehicles is to do a couple coats of EX to last out the winter.

ex or exp ?

ex is a combo sealant/wax

ex-p is pure sealant

Nizmo
10-03-2015, 04:57 PM
ex or exp ?

ex is a combo sealant/wax

ex-p is pure sealant

EX with Carnauba. I know it would last 8mo in the hot Mississippi climate. I used to top it with Natty`s Red and the gloss and durability was out of this world for $40 for the two combined.

GearHead_1
10-03-2015, 05:01 PM
It`s tough to beat PB`s for ease of use, the ability to use in direct sunlight and scent. The durability may not be the longest on the market but is respectable relative to the category of product and the ease of application make it so that it isn`t tough to keep things fresh.

TroyScherer
10-03-2015, 06:21 PM

I agree with Ron. It should have been LNR (liquid natty red). But if you need full and hot sun application this is one of the best IMO.

MiVor
10-04-2015, 03:28 PM
I know nothing about Natty`s Blue and I don`t wish to rain on a parade....but water will bead on any smooth, clean surface. Good beads would be very concentric where yours are somewhat oblique. I don`t think for any vehicle exposed to the elements 24/7 we can realistically expect any wax to go more than 3 months or any sealant more than say 6 months. Sheltered vehicles can go longer and there are other exceptions like multiple layers of sealant, pure wax over sealant, etc. Then there are other conditions like frequency and method of washes (or lack thereof), strength of wash soap...etc.

I am with you strong on practical products as opposed to over priced boutique products. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes not.

Edit: I`ve long since thought that tried and true household cleaning products work just as well in the car, truck, motorcycle, boat, RV, etc.... Then again, there are some automotive relative products that are worth their weight in gold...the trick is finding those value priced products that perform exceptionally well.

craigdt
11-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Edit: I`ve long since thought that tried and true household cleaning products work just as well in the car, truck, motorcycle, boat, RV, etc....

Lord save us all!
Please don`t tell me you are like my neighbor who said I was wasting my time, and I should just use Lemon Pledge like he did back in the 60`s!
;)

Edit: this was after SSR2.5, SSR1, and coincidentally enough, Natty`s Blue paste. Grrrr- laypeople can be infuriating!

Imatk
12-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Nice looking cars.

I have Natty`s Red, White, and Blue that I haven`t used.