PDA

View Full Version : A Friend Needs Our Help

XxBoostinxX
10-02-2015, 01:54 PM
A friend of mine is trying to win a trip to SEMA with his Rx7, but he needs people to vote for him. We can vote once a day. So come on guys vote away and lets send my buddy Phil to SEMA!

Philip Sohn - PASMAG Tuner Battlegrounds (http://tunerbattlegrounds.com/competitors/909-philip-sohn)

rottenII
10-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Sweet car. He has my vote.

EXPDetailing
10-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Voted...

The Driver
10-03-2015, 08:46 AM
I`m keeping my fingers crossed Phil wins! Known him for quite a long time.

If he can collaborate votes the way 7`s are capable of group buys, I think no one stands a chance haha!

XxBoostinxX
10-03-2015, 09:57 AM
I`m keeping my fingers crossed Phil wins! Known him for quite a long time.

If he can collaborate votes the way 7`s are capable of group buys, I think no one stands a chance haha!

I think he will win also. The amount of people behind him is crazy. I think his post had over 100 shares just yesterday.

I have been looking at Rx7`s a lot lately. I REALLY want to buy one and have for some time. But the fiancé needs a new car before I need another toy. Damn priorities.

The Driver
10-03-2015, 10:14 AM
I feel ya, Just remember. If you get an FD, try an buy one thats PROPERLY modified within it`s limits. Avoid big turbo 7`s, anything above a 35R I`d be very wary of. Avoid stock Rx7`s with high milages at all costs, anything that has over 50K treat it like the plague.

Ideal 7 for fun an reliability.

Stock - Under 40k miles
or
Modified ~
Coilovers - Good set
Rebuilt motor with a mild port from a REPUTABLE SHOP
Motor MUST be broken in 2k+ miles on rebuilds. Stay away from "Brand new or Freshly rebuilt motors" that have no miles on them, it`s asking for disaster.
Clean shell, no accident history.
Quality modified intercooler.
Fully built supporting fuel system + stand alone like a pfc.
35R or Smaller with a hot side of 1.05 or less. Always choose midrange power over top end, especially on a rotary. The midrange is enormous on the rotor.
NO STRAIGHT EXHAUSTS! Avoid like the plague, you WILL get boost creep on a cold day and you WILL toast the motor, I`ve seen fully built go instantly.

Perks
99 Front end
Quality wheels
Titanium exhausts, they are worth it on these cars
Dual oil coolers, oem are known as R1 models if not do a 20+ row it`s a must.
Airbag delete W/ efini wheel

MAJOR PLUSES
No driver seat wear
FEED parts
W/injection/ W/ meth
Quality tune Steve kan is awesome as is enzo in NY.

I can`t think of more right now, but if need any info down the road feel free. I know the 7 like it`s my right hand.

XxBoostinxX
10-03-2015, 10:47 AM
I feel ya, Just remember. If you get an FD, try an buy one thats PROPERLY modified within it`s limits. Avoid big turbo 7`s, anything above a 35R I`d be very wary of. Avoid stock Rx7`s with high milages at all costs, anything that has over 50K treat it like the plague.

Ideal 7 for fun an reliability.

Stock - Under 40k miles
or
Modified ~
Coilovers - Good set
Rebuilt motor with a mild port from a REPUTABLE SHOP
Motor MUST be broken in 2k+ miles on rebuilds. Stay away from "Brand new or Freshly rebuilt motors" that have no miles on them, it`s asking for disaster.
Clean shell, no accident history.
Quality modified intercooler.
Fully built supporting fuel system + stand alone like a pfc.
35R or Smaller with a hot side of 1.05 or less. Always choose midrange power over top end, especially on a rotary. The midrange is enormous on the rotor.
NO STRAIGHT EXHAUSTS! Avoid like the plague, you WILL get boost creep on a cold day and you WILL toast the motor, I`ve seen fully built go instantly.

Perks
99 Front end
Quality wheels
Titanium exhausts, they are worth it on these cars
Dual oil coolers, oem are known as R1 models if not do a 20+ row it`s a must.
Airbag delete W/ efini wheel

MAJOR PLUSES
No driver seat wear
FEED parts
W/injection/ W/ meth
Quality tune Steve kan is awesome as is enzo in NY.

I can`t think of more right now, but if need any info down the road feel free. I know the 7 like it`s my right hand.

Wow, never thought about all that. I appreciate you telling me this and definitely will use it as my guide.

A friend of mine thinks I am crazy for wanting one, but I have always loved FD`s. They have such beautiful body lines and are truly unique. There is actually a guy that lives a street over with a black one, but it`s in rough shape.

The Driver
10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Wow, never thought about all that. I appreciate you telling me this and definitely will use it as my guide.

A friend of mine thinks I am crazy for wanting one, but I have always loved FD`s. They have such beautiful body lines and are truly unique. There is actually a guy that lives a street over with a black one, but it`s in rough shape.

FD`s have a ton of stigma, that said they can be made to be the most reliable machines on earth. They require massive cooling, major supporting fuel systems and proper updating of internals IE, Ceramic seals instead of the crappy poem ones. Ceramics are probably the best investment for an FD, especially one that sits as a weekend car.

Migue
10-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Voted! Very nice looking ride.

XxBoostinxX
10-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Hey guys please don`t forget to vote again. It has become really close battle over night. I don`t have any idea how, because the TSX is a joke.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/04/0a60c173e6fd12bcb9de646e55ac1c0d.jpg

The Driver
10-04-2015, 03:23 PM
I know, a TSX! Get that garbage B class tuner out of there! Where are the real rides? Supra`s, NSX, 3000, S2K, Evo etc... Sheesh, I walk into my friends shop an see better all day... really disappointing. The FD is hands down the best in class there for sure. The 99 spec R is probably the only other I`d respect.

Billy Baldone
10-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Hey, boostin, what other car forum do I recognize you from?

ShawnF350
10-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Voted yesterday and again today

XxBoostinxX
10-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Hey, boostin, what other car forum do I recognize you from?

Not sure bud. Use to be on the diesel garage, svtperformance, SOEC, SCOA, s197forum and can`t remember where else? It`s definitely been a lot I know lol.