PDA

View Full Version : Sema 2015 speculation thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

XxBoostinxX
09-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Well after seeing a post on Facebook from Renny Doyle in regards to something new coming from Flex at Sema this year. I figured I would start a thread speculating any of the new products that could be released.

Observations so far.....
From Flex: With the release of the Pe8 I am wondering what else they could offer? They haven`t released a dual action polisher in a number of years so it makes me wonder if it was a revamped 3401 or something different entirely. A forced rotation mini polisher makes sense, but with the release of the Pe8 it makes me wonder if it`s even a priority. A long throw forced rotation polisher just seems like it would be a vibration/control nightmare. So I am pretty much clueless on this one.

From Lake Country: With everyone using smaller pads more often I would expect to see some new pads released. I wouldn`t be surprised if they released pads as small as 1" for the Pe8 (Robert ;)) and a new HD type pad for the Rupes 75e. I know there is another company (Adam`s) that offers a 4" HD style pad and if Lake Country doesn`t make them for Adam`s than something is up.

What I want to see.....
Rupes: I would love for Rupes to maybe release a new pad type that is stronger. I hate buying new pads due to shredding and delaminating.

Poorboys: A coating of some kind. Probably one of the few company`s that has yet to release their own coating. I know it might not be something they do, but I love their products and would definitely try it.

Thoughts?

Ronkh
09-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Really wanting a PBMG version of hydro2

Tpr1634
09-17-2015, 06:15 PM
I just got some 4" pads from Adams if they are not lakecountry HD I would be totally surprised, yes they are a nice pad for the mini.

XxBoostinxX
09-17-2015, 07:15 PM
I would definitely try that! Could call it Wolfgang Quik Seal or Blackfire Liquid Diamond Sealant.

I just got some 4" pads from Adams if they are not lakecountry HD I would be totally surprised, yes they are a nice pad for the mini.
Man, I am jealous. I am really thinking about trying them. I just hate how they have a different color scheme.

Tpr1634
09-17-2015, 07:21 PM
I would definitely try that! Could call it Wolfgang Quik Seal or Blackfire Liquid Diamond Sealant.

Man, I am jealous. I am really thinking about trying them. I just hate how they have a different color scheme.they have to be lakecountry HD 4" way nicer than the rupes, what I don`t get is why they are not available here?

Tpr1634
09-17-2015, 07:31 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28707&stc=1

jrock645
09-17-2015, 09:34 PM

Whats wrong with hydro2 as is?

Havent used it much. Just applied it as my wheel sealant, actually.

Detail Impressions
09-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Rupes rotary machine. They say they are going to gear towards body shops. Figure its rotary time.

Detailology Oz
09-18-2015, 03:44 AM
Heard two weeks ago that Flex was bringing out a new DA.
My thoughts a year ago would be 25mm throw but who knows

Then I saw renny`s post and commented on it, his reply gave me the impression that there are two machines not one
A rupes rotary - hmm I thought rupes were going away from rotary and forced rotation but then again who knows

XxBoostinxX
09-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Rupes rotary machine. They say they are going to gear towards body shops. Figure its rotary time.

Rupes has a Rotary of I`m not mistaken. It just isn`t sold in the U.S.

I hope you are right Detailology. Would love to see multiple new machines. I just hope it is something different than what is already offered.

silverfox
09-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Its time for Megs and HD to show all the others how a coating should be made.

Robert DiTerlizzi
09-18-2015, 02:14 PM

me too!!

allenk4
09-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Rupes hires Jason Rose, specifically to penetrate the worldwide rotary scene

Launch in the USA is imminent

allenk4
09-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Meguiars has no intention of launching a coating

Ronkh
09-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Whats wrong with hydro2 as is?

Havent used it much. Just applied it as my wheel sealant, actually.

Having had problems with some carpro products and corey not living up to their promises I would rather give 100% of my money to PBMG.

PBMG is great to work with and stand behind their products !!!!