PDA

View Full Version : Detailing with Murphy

thr_wedge
08-25-2015, 09:47 PM
I`ve been out of detailing my car for a while and decided it was time to really clean it up. I want a new car, but can`t afford one so figured I`d make my Mazda6 shine.

wash, clay, kaio, ksg. The car looks fantastic for approximately...12 hours.

rain...it hasn`t rained in over 40 days! so rains for a few minutes about 3x last week, somehow only when I am driving, and never long enough or hard enough to do anything except make the car look like a mess. Well, I guess I can use this opportunity to test some waterless washes...I really was unimpressed with Detailer Pro waterless wash BTW.

today, someone must have tapped my rear bumper. clayed the paint transfer, polish (orange pad), polish (white pad), kaio (white pad), ksg.

I`m afraid to leave the house tomorrow...

MiVor
08-26-2015, 09:30 AM
Yep, that dern Murphy`s law can be a real bugger! I no more than got my new (to me) truck and I noticed some ugly scaring up front (it was there all along and I didn`t notice). Then in the first week, some moron in a parking lot (I didn`t see it happen) put a dent in the side. The PDR (paintless dent repair) on that was about $125. I had bird feeders in the yard until the bird bombs on the ride got outta control!
It seems like if it isn`t one thing, it`s another!...and it`s exasperated by the simple fact that I (we) are trying to keep our rides in `like new` condition. Sometimes I think if we didn`t care, Murphy would work elsewhere!

4u2nvinmtl
08-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Running outside to check on my parallel parked car...